Woo died

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lex86

Woo died

Post by lex86 »

Hey all

Well the other day the car got real bad, i've checked the fuel filter and changed it. Checked the fuel pump and it is pumping, is there an easier way to tell if there is enough pressure?

Quote:
"
Similar thing happened to me today, was just driving along in my Daewoo Daewoo (1.5i,Racer, etc [i call it the daewoo daewoo coz it has no name on the back :P]) and then no quick revs, cant floor it as the car groans as if going up a hill in 5th and doing 40km/h (my woo is manual).

Had a RACQ (roadside assistance) dude come out and he said that it wasnt the computer advancing the timing or retarding it, but something to do with fuel, might be a blockage or a bad pump.

So here i am, stuck with a woo that drives -albeit barely- and no real idea with what the hell is going wrong.

Any chance of helping me out a little?
"

And yeah, any ideas people?
-Lex

The future will come!
Told ya, its already here!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

You can get a guage that you simply put in between the fuel line that carries fuel from the pump to the engine and test the pressure. But it does sound like a fuel pump issue, maybe even the fuel pressure regulator or injectors being clogged up, possibly?

Any number of things but does sound like a fuel problem to me
SAZ
---------------------