obd II ?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

zerosilence
Super

obd II ?

Post by zerosilence »

ive been having these weird problems with my car yesterday i accidently put 91 oct. in my car and i got a check engine light on this morning. also when my car attempts to start its powerband it kinda sputters starting at alittle after 5k. i went and checked the engine code it read p0112. and ive been having trouble starting my car i try to turn it over and if i keep trying on the first time it could take like 20 seconds. but if i stop at like 10 seconds stop and let it rest for a sec then try again it will turn over in 10 seconds. tomorrow i am going to replace my spark plugs/wires and see about that. im probably going to go with bosch +2 with accel 8mm wires. does that sound alright? i believe the code has something to do with my iat sensor i just put on an intake and the sensor was too short so im ginna buy some wire and fix it. anyone recomend type and size of wire? thanks
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i think any 1 mm wire will be fine, just like the stock wiring
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

Yes, I agree.
The same gauge (or even a little thicker) wire will be fine.
Be sure to solder the connections.

Unless you got some "bad gas" which is rare nowdays.
I seriously doubt that 91 octane gas caused the CEL.
Just a coincidence.
A couple more octane numbers won't do that.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
zerosilence
Super

Post by zerosilence »

so do you think with my car not starting up right it might be the code for the ait?
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if the AIT is not pluged in that is gonna throw a CEL.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
SinishaS

Post by SinishaS »

P0112 - Intake Air Temperature Low Voltage. So, I vould pay atention on your IAT sensor.
modem_over

Post by modem_over »

Not saying it is the cause here, but i have seen hier octane gas cause cel in the future, even engen stalling. Cause of this was the better fuel was cleaning the old junk and breaking up the buildup along the fuel lines and as it came loose it caused little clogs. If that is the case here it will fix itself in a little wile. I always recomend that if you run cheap gas than you need atleast 1 tank of hi octane with every oil change just to keep things kinda clean. Course thats just my thought, no real sources to verify that
Spider
Expert

Post by Spider »

modem_over wrote:Not saying it is the cause here, but i have seen hier octane gas cause cel in the future, even engen stalling. Cause of this was the better fuel was cleaning the old junk and breaking up the buildup along the fuel lines and as it came loose it caused little clogs. If that is the case here it will fix itself in a little wile. I always recomend that if you run cheap gas than you need atleast 1 tank of hi octane with every oil change just to keep things kinda clean. Course thats just my thought, no real sources to verify that
:roll:

If 91 octane gas would "break up build up along the fuel lines" Why would anyone ever put injector cleaner in their gas tank ??????

modem_over wrote:OK, i recently got some really bad gas.. like slimy and didnt evaporate stuff.........................

Dude, try a different gas station.

:lol:
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison