Bosch Platinum +4 and Bosch Super 4

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ntwdavid

Bosch Platinum +4 and Bosch Super 4

Post by ntwdavid »

Hi Guys, anyone of u installed Bosch Platinum +4 or Bosch Super 4 in your lanos or Daewoo?
Please share your view.
Recently i mess alot with the gapping of mine denso irdium plug .
Now my lanos does not run as smooth as before.

Thinking of changing to Bosch super 4 or Bosch Platium +4.

please read below

Bosch Super 4 spark plugs

Your engine's new performance-enhancer: the high-power spark plug for retrofitting.

Another innovative idea from Bosch. The Bosch Super 4 operates on the state-of-the-art air-cushion-spark principle and is the first spark plug to feature four thin ground electrodes with one pointed, silver-plated center electrode.

This combination is unique in the world and has decisive benefits. The ignition spark always chooses the best path for reliable ignition according to the engine load.

Technical superiority - now available for your car.

The Bosch Super 4 does more than a conventional spark plug. In all situations, throughout its service life.

The advantages:

Noticeable improvement in acceleration
Significantly improved engine smoothness

Superior engine versatility
Electrode gap adjusted ex factory
http://www.boschautoparts.co.uk/pcPlug4.asp?c=2&d=1
Daewoo Lanos, year 2000, 1.6L, DOHC, Sedan
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well i have the bosch platinum ones and they work pretty good. once i get my lanos up and running again in a year or so then i'll probably switch to denso iridiums. i say get the bowch super 4's b/c i haven't heard anything on them yet in a daewoo.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
davids06aveo

Post by davids06aveo »

I have the Bosch Platinum 4's in my Aveo and it runs just fine. No problems at all. I did also change out the spark plug wires with a set of Magnecore Racing Wires from Gravana Tuning. They have a cool package deal that includes a CAI and the spark plug wires for about $200. You should check those out. Select a 2006 Chevy Aveo 1.6 LS Sedan as your vehicle and check under package deals.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

davids06aveo wrote:I have the Bosch Platinum 4's in my Aveo and it runs just fine.
+1 in my nubira mk1
ImageImage
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

Dear All, thanks for the inputs.

In all i have use 3 type of sparks plug before. The latest one is Bosch Super 4.

i just brought a set of Bosch super 4(not platinum + 4)this afternoon. It costs me 14.35291 US Dollar for 4 pieces.

My finding (1)Performance, three type of spark plugs give me the same average 0-70kmh timing. Hahaha, please do no laugh at me, most people take their car 0-100kmh timing where as i act diffferently. The reason for me acting differently is because there is a short but even road near my house, i always and find it convenience to take my timing there.

My finding (2)Idling, Bosch is definitately more smoother than my gapped denso irdium and my unknown brand double ground electrodes plugs(Reason:Bosch are newer and i believe i have mess up the Denso default gapping)

My finding(3)Normal Acceleration, Denso is the best it provide lesser hesitation and faster acceleration than Bosch and mine unknown brand plugs. Bosch is better than my unknown brand plugs in term of lesser hesitation and faster acceleration.(I use my Dyno Butt to feel them hahaha)

My finding (4) Fuel consumption, The unknown brand plugs give me good mileage 10.2-10.7km/1L of petrol compare to denso 9.4-10km/1L of petrol.( Part of the reason,i floor my acceleration more when using Denso. Other reason, when i use denso i can smell strong petrol when i stand behind my exhaust and i smell lesser petrol when i use the unknown brand plug.)

I strongly believe that the Bosch could provide the best mileage because my Dyno nose could smell the least petrol from my exhaut with the Bosch install.haha I will be very happy if i could hit 11km/1L with the Bosch. Will update the result very soon as i travel 80-100km daily.

My finding (5) Different plugs work differently on different engine choose the plug that work with your engine best.
One type of plug may perform the best in a Honda engine but it may perform the worst in a merc.
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

Im using Greddy plugs and they dont seem any difforent from any of the other ones. Also i have a set of accel wires waiting to be installed.

KDM 2.0 Nubira
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

i believe car with larger engine is more difficult to find any differences these spark plug can provide, car for example with 800cc should feel some differences with different plugs install.
ntwdavid

Post by ntwdavid »

ntwdavid wrote: I strongly believe that the Bosch could provide the best mileage because my Dyno nose could smell the least petrol from my exhaut with the Bosch install.haha I will be very happy if i could hit 11km/1L with the Bosch. Will update the result very soon as i travel 80-100km daily.
Latest update , i re gap my denso irdium plug and put back into my car recently . I never notice any increase or drop in fuel consumption. However denso irdium is more responsive. :D