fuel pipe removal

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

alex_

fuel pipe removal

Post by alex_ »

hi, i was attempting to replace the fuel filter..and broke the right hand side connector on the fuel pipe, this is what happens when u dont read up on things :( , anyway on closer inspection i see that id have to replace the whole pipe, this is the pipe from the right of the filter to the rear of the vehicle, anyone know where it splits from and how to split it?

thank u
Spider
Expert

Re: fuel pipe removal

Post by Spider »

alex_ wrote:hi, i was attempting to replace the fuel filter..and broke the right hand side connector on the fuel pipe, this is what happens when u dont read up on things :( , anyway on closer inspection i see that id have to replace the whole pipe, this is the pipe from the right of the filter to the rear of the vehicle, anyone know where it splits from and how to split it?

thank u
do these links help ?

1)...
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2679

2)...
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2604

3)...what year and model car do you have ?
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
alex_

Post by alex_ »

they just mainly tell me how to remove the clips on the filter, i already have them off at the filter its where they split im stuck on?

the car is a 1999 lanos 1.6 16v ecotec
Spider
Expert

Re: fuel pipe removal

Post by Spider »

alex_ wrote:hi, i was attempting to replace the fuel filter..and broke the right hand side connector on the fuel pipe, this is what happens when u dont read up on things :( , anyway on closer inspection i see that id have to replace the whole pipe, this is the pipe from the right of the filter to the rear of the vehicle, anyone know where it splits from and how to split it?

thank u
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spider wrote:

do these links help ?

1)...
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2679

2)...
http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2604

3)...what year and model car do you have ?[/quote]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alex wrote:

they just mainly tell me how to remove the clips on the filter, i already have them off at the filter its where they split im stuck on?

the car is a 1999 lanos 1.6 16v ecotec

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spider wrote:

First, you say the right side ? If you mean the right side of the engine compartment (as viewed with you standing standing in front of and facing your car) that would be the fuel filter; 'inlet' side which feeds fuel into the filter.
Or,
If you mean the "right" side of the engine compartment (as viewed with you sitting in the drivers seat, which BTW, is "mechanic speak" for the right side of your vehical) that would be the fuel filter; 'outlet' side which feeds fuel to the engine fuel-rail/intake.

So, I think your talking about the "left-side" of the fuel filter? ("left side"= as viewed from the drivers seat.)

That fuel line, (the one that is broken) is the one that feeds the fuel-filter, it has a connector at the filter and a connector down below.
Right at the bottom of the firewall.

Just folllow that line back down from the filter about 12 inches or so. Than from underneath the right side of your car you will see it makes a turn and starts to go back to the tank ? Right at that turn is a connection.

Hope this helps ?

:)
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison