2001 Lanos 1.5 Suspension parts query

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

J_Elliott

2001 Lanos 1.5 Suspension parts query

Post by J_Elliott »

Hi,

I have a 2001 1.5l Canadian Lanos 3 door, I need to find front suspension parts and could use advice. I'm looking for control arm bushings, and wondering if anyone makes the polyurethane bushing for this setup. In my last car the switch to polyU bushings and swaybar connectors made an incredible difference. Also interested in polyU bushings for the steering bars that conect the tie rods to the power steering mechanism. As I have to change these regardless, I thought an upgrade would be nice at the same time

Also, I have one additional chassis problem, I broke off a tire bolt on the right front side, all extraction methods have failed, including drilling it out, I have now ruined the hub itself. ANy suggestions on where to pick up a new hub? The parts shops only seem to have the whole bearing and hub assembly which is rather pricy

thanks for the help

Cheers,
Jeremy
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

In the US you can pick up a hub for about 50 dollars (again, US funds) from the GM parts website. You should try going to a GM dealer and talking to their parts department and see what they say...

Chris, you can chime in with Canadian sources for parts...

Furthermore, as for the parts on the steering and suspension bushings, there aren't any poly bushings for the suspension that we know of (as in, will fit with no modifications). You could easily take one apart and measure it then go to a parts store and comapre with readily available components.

You can also switch to hiem joints for a good chunk of change, but the steering feel is incredible.