Rota Slipstreams on Aveo

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

mikemacwillie

Rota Slipstreams on Aveo

Post by mikemacwillie »

Will the 15x7's with 40mm offset fit my 2006 aveo5? Just want to be sure before ordering!
rabbitracer

Post by rabbitracer »

yes they will fit fine, of course if you get too large of tires you might have rubbing issues but on an aveo with a 16x7 inch wheel you can run 205/40/16s just fine, so you should be able to run 205/45/15 or 205/50/15 without issues
i refuse to tiptoe thru life only to arrive safely at death.
mikemacwillie

Post by mikemacwillie »

I just bought them, and they don't fit. The front calipers rub on the wheels. Is there a spacer I can put in there?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

mikemacwillie wrote:I just bought them, and they don't fit. The front calipers rub on the wheels. Is there a spacer I can put in there?
Wow thats a suprise.

I got spacers off ebay that work fine...just look around. Locally you might find them somewhere as well.

BTW nice choice on wheels.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

WHOA!!!!!! if you get spacers you'll want to get longer lugbolts or longer studs (if you went the stud conversion route) trust me if you don't you'll need to constanly tighten the lugs on the front wheels every few days. or else you'll end up like i almost did before. riding down the road and feel my wheel goin nuts pull over and my driver side rim was only held on by one stud. and there was no lug nut on that stud. so the wheel was literally like a cm from coming off of my car.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

lanos2001 wrote:WHOA!!!!!! if you get spacers you'll want to get longer lugbolts or longer studs (if you went the stud conversion route) trust me if you don't you'll need to constanly tighten the lugs on the front wheels every few days. or else you'll end up like i almost did before. riding down the road and feel my wheel goin nuts pull over and my driver side rim was only held on by one stud. and there was no lug nut on that stud. so the wheel was literally like a cm from coming off of my car.

nick
hmm.. I've run 5mm spacers on either the front or rear for a few hours of track time and about 7-8k miles now. They dont losen up or anything.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i'm not sure how thick mine were but it happened constantly with mine. so at the very least check them when you first get them to make sure if it happens to you or not. but i had the exact same problem with my rims where the rims wouldn't clear the brake caliper.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
mikemacwillie

Post by mikemacwillie »

I've read that you need about 7-8 turns minimum on the lugnut to ensure it's seated properly. I've ordered some 3mm spacers, they should be here soon. With one of the wheels on, there's alot of stud that comes through, definitely more than 7-8 turns. Should be ok with the 3mm spacers.