Injector Size

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

pollito

Injector Size

Post by pollito »

Hello,

Working on a turbo project for the woo and I have not been able to source the size of the stock injectors. Does anybody have this information? This is a 1.6 DOHC motor. Looking to run the AFC hack for fuel mgmt and I need to know what size injectors I am stepping up from. I'd rather not take these stockers off to get flow tested seeing as I will not be using them. I'm guessing they are around 200cc. Anybody have an exact number?
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

What is your desired power level (at crank), and what will be your fuel pressure? Stock Lanos injectors are about 19-20 lbs/hr

Post by pollito »

Don't have a goal, I'm just going to see what it can do with timing being the limiting factor. For the AFC hack to work well, you need injectors that are about 80% larger than stock to put the AFC in the proper negative ranges to provide a cushion for boost to be hidden from the ECU.

The Lanos puts out what...about 90whp in stock form? If that's the case I think this should be able to push ~140whp on my turbo (kkk-ko3s from an audi) at about 8psi.
RESPECT

Re: Injector Size

Post by RESPECT »

pollito wrote:Hello,

Working on a turbo project for the woo and I have not been able to source the size of the stock injectors. Does anybody have this information? This is a 1.6 DOHC motor. Looking to run the AFC hack for fuel mgmt and I need to know what size injectors I am stepping up from. I'd rather not take these stockers off to get flow tested seeing as I will not be using them. I'm guessing they are around 200cc. Anybody have an exact number?
You can use injectors from 2.0 DOHC Nubira/Leganza (same shape but more efficient) Second option is using injectors from Opel engine C20XE (150 hp) or C20LET (204hp turbo)
pollito

Post by pollito »

I appreciate the input, but I need to know the cc values of all of these injectors so I know what kind of % trims I need to run on the AFC.