Insane 1000 WATT bulbs!

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

MMamdouh

Insane 1000 WATT bulbs!

Post by MMamdouh »

hi guys... yesterday one of my 265/260 watt bulbs went out so i went to get a new set from my local shop and their was this 1000 watt bulbs on the shelf :shock:

now assuming that the watt rating on the bulbs is correct, will i need any upgrades to my wiring to install those?? i already used 100/90 watt bulbs on the OEM setup and the current 265/260 watt is running on the OEM setup with only an upgraded relay .

i tried the 265/260 watt bulb at home on my 12Volt transformer and it produced so much heat that it almost burned my hand... not to mention that the wire was too hot and that was a relativly thick copper wire.

having that in mind and thinking of the heat produced from them 1000 watt bulbs i guess i will melt my front headlights or so... or i will be needing a cooling fan for the headlight to dispurs the heat generated from the bulbs.

what do you think guys? are the 1000 watt bulbs a scam? they cos 50% more than the 265/260 watt bulbs and i don't wan't to pay all this money on something that is not worth it... also what about the heat and wiring?? will i face problems with them??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

i have a 500 watt bulb in a spot light and i can fry eggs on the cover. it has a fan blowing on the bulb...

i would think that a true 1000 watt bulb would melt everything

sounds dangerous :shock:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

having said that and adding to it that the lanos headlight is made of plastic then i would rather drop this thought.

i already smell cooked plastic when i open the headlight cover with my current 265/260 watts so i guess the 1000 watt will melt the hedlight, fender, boil my coolant and i will endup with a fried engine :lol: ... not to mention that those are quite a load on the alternator... right??

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

also how can you make sure that those are REALLY 100 watt bulbs?? is their a way to measure the bulbs real wattage??

MMamdouh
jurupa

Post by jurupa »

mmamdouh wrote:also how can you make sure that those are REALLY 100 watt bulbs?? is their a way to measure the bulbs real wattage??

MMamdouh
Ya plug it in and check the power useage.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

where to plug it and how to see the power usage?... that is my question

MMamdouh
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

bro don't even think about it, first off, u will ahve to upgrade the whole wiring of the headlamp circuit, using bigger wires a relay, and bigger fuses, then u will probably melt ur healdlight cover. Come on man, try using ur head a little bit, that would also put a big strain on the charging system, it will draw a lot of amps, and would be really messed up to other driver on the road.
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

LOL ... that would be like running a 2000 watt RMS (1 pair of 1000 watt bulbs) stereo amplifier all the time at the continuous maximum output level. That would require somewhere around 4 or 6 ga wire per bulb to run properly. hahahaha

Yes, I think that much heat would melt the headlight lense and bucket.

Speaking of your 265 watt headlights, where can I get a pair? I do not think they sell those in the US in normal automotive stores.

Cliff
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

those are korean made bulbs named "SACA Sacalite" and they costed some 40LE (6.90USD).

i got a big ass warning on the side saying that it is for "Off Roading" and "Car Shows" rather than street lights and you hasve to check your local authority about the legality of using them on public streets.

MMamdouh
lanoswoo99
Junior

Re: Insane 1000 WATT bulbs!

Post by lanoswoo99 »

mmamdouh wrote:hi guys... yesterday one of my 265/260 watt bulbs went out so i went to get a new set from my local shop and their was this 1000 watt bulbs on the shelf :shock:

now assuming that the watt rating on the bulbs is correct, will i need any upgrades to my wiring to install those?? i already used 100/90 watt bulbs on the OEM setup and the current 265/260 watt is running on the OEM setup with only an upgraded relay .

i tried the 265/260 watt bulb at home on my 12Volt transformer and it produced so much heat that it almost burned my hand... not to mention that the wire was too hot and that was a relativly thick copper wire.

having that in mind and thinking of the heat produced from them 1000 watt bulbs i guess i will melt my front headlights or so... or i will be needing a cooling fan for the headlight to dispurs the heat generated from the bulbs.

what do you think guys? are the 1000 watt bulbs a scam? they cos 50% more than the 265/260 watt bulbs and i don't wan't to pay all this money on something that is not worth it... also what about the heat and wiring?? will i face problems with them??

MMamdouh

WHAT "RELAY" YOU CHANGE?

I WANT AN UPGRADE FOR MY OEM HEADLIGHT LANOS
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

richardmatalon wrote:bro don't even think about it, first off, u will ahve to upgrade the whole wiring of the headlamp circuit, using bigger wires a relay, and bigger fuses, then u will probably melt ur healdlight cover. Come on man, try using ur head a little bit, that would also put a big strain on the charging system, it will draw a lot of amps, and would be really messed up to other driver on the road.
i am using my head man... thats why i am asking you all before i do such step, if i was 70% sure it was safe i would have done it already without asking anybody.

it just shocked me to see that big wattage on a bulb and i began to imagen how would it be to put those on my car... i have expected a melted front end IF the watt rating was correct and add to that a busted alternator and fried wiring.

i already burned my thumb while i was replacing the busted 265/260 watt bulb by just holding its socket too long so logically that 1000 watt would melt every thing arround it... i am not going to do that swap in a million years.

MMamdouh
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

haha...

that's the heating power of two commercial microwaves as your headlights...

hahahahaha, you could run a fast food resturant off your hood :lmao:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

lanoswoo99 wrote:
WHAT "RELAY" YOU CHANGE?

i didn't CHANGE the headlight relay, i just ADDED a more powerful one.

basicly the wires going from the OEM relay to the headlight were cut off then routed to a heavy duty relay and that new relay is hooked up to the headlights to withstand the extra strane that the 265/260 watt bulbs put on the system.

with this mod your small relay is only operating the big relay and the big relay is operating the bulbs and taking all the punishment... the electrican installed the new relay in the wheel well right under the front left headlight using a bolt from the fender... this location is very near to the main fuse/relay box in the engine bay and also keeps the relay protected from the elements... also it is a good idea to hid the relay 'cause it is ugly.

MMamdouh
lanoswoo99
Junior

Post by lanoswoo99 »

mmamdouh wrote:
lanoswoo99 wrote:
WHAT "RELAY" YOU CHANGE?

i didn't CHANGE the headlight relay, i just ADDED a more powerful one.

basicly the wires going from the OEM relay to the headlight were cut off then routed to a heavy duty relay and that new relay is hooked up to the headlights to withstand the extra strane that the 265/260 watt bulbs put on the system.

with this mod your small relay is only operating the big relay and the big relay is operating the bulbs and taking all the punishment... the electrican installed the new relay in the wheel well right under the front left headlight using a bolt from the fender... this location is very near to the main fuse/relay box in the engine bay and also keeps the relay protected from the elements... also it is a good idea to hid the relay 'cause it is ugly.

MMamdouh
Thanks
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

Audacityracing wrote:
hahahahaha, you could run a fast food resturant off your hood :lmao:
any body want "hood" dogs? :lol:

MMamdouh