Your boy has deviated...

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

tango

Your boy has deviated...

Post by tango »

Well folks here we have it. As you know I was trying to get myself into an Optra but it just didn't work out due to bullsh!t from the dealers here in Jamaica. I still needed a car. Of course My requirements are simple:

1) AUTOMATIC! I'm too old for that soup-spoon sh!t.
2) 4wheel discs
3) 4 doors

I did a bit of lookign and soul searching and managed to find the one. Here she is boys. Her name is Kenta. She's not of the same stable as the rest of the steeds around these parts but she's compliant and humble. Welcome her in the usual 'Woo Way...(WHERE do I come up with these?!?)

Her name is Kenta. It's a Japanese name meaning "healthy and plump", though it's a boy name it works well for me here for other reasons that are a bit deep for me to get into. She's a 2002 Toyota Corolla LX, imported from Singapore. Apart from the above requirements she has leather, 10disc CD changer and a host of other fineries. A 1.5L VVT-i 1NZFE engine powers her around.

Nothing to fear, I still have D'Jay (my Wonder Woo) for the time being...she's still in the shop actually.
Cogito ergo sum...
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

hey tango that is the japanise vertion of the corolla? Here in PRwe have an US model. Well the interior is the same the out side is almost the same but the front is diferent. + we drive as u know on the right side and you drive in the correct side :D also here all te Corolla are 1.8 and the S tipe is 1.8 vvt-il

this have the front skirt but ypu can see the diference.

any how... any one here can kill for a corolla version like yours.
ImageImage
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Nice! I'm glad you found a car that fits what you were looking for.
If it's not a Woo, then ANYTHING other thana Honda or Ford is just fine. LOL :lol:

Other than my Daewoos, I own Volkswagons, a Porsche and a Suzuki.

The wheels on your car look good on it; are they factory?

Cliff
tango

Post by tango »

This car is actually Singapore spec. For all intents and purposes though, Singapore spec is identical to Jamaican spec. It's structurally identical in most respects to the Japan specs, except in a few key areas. Export speedos go all the way to 220km/h while Jap specs go only to 180km/h. Jap spec 1.5L VVT-i cars have drums at the rear, while export versions have discs. Cosmetically, Jap spec models have the Corolla logo on the grille, export versions have the Toyota logo instead. Another plus for me is that the Singapore models have leather as an option. I've never seen a Jap spec Corolla with leather, unless it was something like a GT model, and those are rare. Another cool feature of Jap spec models is a tyre pressure indicator. This works in conjunction with the ABS sensors. When a wheel is deflated it rotates slower than when it is properly inflated, thus it triggers the light. Cool huh? This oviously means you MAY have problems with changing wheels, of course.
As far as the US models are concerned the nose clip and the tailclip are different. Bumpers, headlamps, tailamps, bonnets, grilles, trunks...all different for some ungodly reason. Interior, as you mentioned seems identical except US models have mph (for another ungodly reason!) in the speedo.

The wheels on this car are factory Toyota 14 inchers. I have NO plans to change these because I want to keep this car ABSOLUTELY stock.

Thanks for the love Family. She sends her appreciation as well <wink>
Cogito ergo sum...
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Congratulations!

Whats important is that it is a Toyota, so it will probabally go forever, and it will get you wherever you go in comfort.

It doesn't matter that it isn't a 'Woo, most of us have other Japanese cars, even those who won't admit it... :D

Like me...

Ok damn, Its a Honda Civic... :cry: .

Nice ride though!
Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

congrats on the toy... i too have a toy in the driveway (corolla xrs)...

good choice :D
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

congratulations man... she looks very nice and pretty, but i noticed two things though:

1- the wheels seems too small for the car... i know this is the stock setup but that is what i felt when i saw the car.

2- the driving instruments (steering wheel and pedals) are on the wrong side... you got to fix that. :lol:

other than that the car is very nice indeed... we have lots of those arround here but in the 1.3 engine version and a new one will set you back about twice as much as a brand new Lanos.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

mmamdouh wrote: 2- the driving instruments (steering wheel and pedals) are on the wrong side... you got to fix that. :lol:

There ... I fixed his car. LOL

MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:
mmamdouh wrote: 2- the driving instruments (steering wheel and pedals) are on the wrong side... you got to fix that. :lol:

There ... I fixed his car. LOL
does the warranty cover this?? i see it is kinda manufacturing fault so they should be liable :lol:

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

:lol:
ImageImage
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

OZ, you just couldn't do a perfect job.... the gauges are backwards!! LOL
tango

Post by tango »

Aww...them's fightn' woids!

And Oz...this is your grade for that pic...

Cogito ergo sum...
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

you can use any Scion XA performance parts. That is a echo/XA/XB engine in there
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

tango wrote:
And Oz...this is your grade for that pic...

Awww.... I thought I did pretty good on that! LOL I even turned the radio around so the knob was on the correct side, the pedals are in the correct places and the keys were on the correct side of the steering column.

:lol:
tango

Post by tango »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I even turned the radio around so the knob was on the correct side, the pedals are in the correct places and the keys were on the correct side of the steering column. :lol:
Awright, here's the breakdown of how you achieved your final score:

Courage: A+
Comical intent: A+
Effort: A
Execution: C
Ability to piss off Tango: A+++++++++ (which equates to a VERY low reverse grading!!)
Knowledge about what is right/wrong: Ungraded

So you see, I gotta fail you...

BTW...the radio is already LHD friendly with the volume and the seek/skip toggle on the left, making it a HUGE stretch for me to do things that I do more often than others. Where's the justice?!? Think of all the countries in the world that drive on the left...<smh> And many of them are rather large and populous countries...like India, Pakistan, Japan, Australia, most of southern Africa.
Did you know that the only continent that doesn't have a left-driving state is North America? Newfoundland was the last on that continent to switch in 1947 (a sad day in North American Automotive History).
Cogito ergo sum...