Lanos Engine Conversion

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

SyNt4x

Lanos Engine Conversion

Post by SyNt4x »

I was just wondering if anyone has done a sr20det or ca18det engine conversion into a lanos.
And would anyone know if it would actually fit?
If not whats the best way about turbo'ing a lanos.
Rebuilding the lanos and wack on custom pipes + turbo + ecu etc
or put in a 20let if they fit. I am in Australia aswell so im not sure how available the c20get or c20let are.

Any information would be great.

Thanks

Andrew
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i don't know about engine codes but a 2.0 and 2.2 swap was successful on some lanoses.

also turboing a 1.5 and 1.6 is successful... most answers are all arround the forum, make a search and you will get all the answers you want.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
debo890
Super

Post by debo890 »

for the price you are better off either rebuilding and turboing the engine you got or swap in a 2.0 or 2.2l rebuilt for turbo and turbo it if you need the extra torque of the larger disoplacement engine. parts for the 2.0l will be easyer to get unless you are going full custom. if you go with the 2.0l, you can p.m me and i'll help you out what ever way i can cause i am in the process of rebuilding my 2.0l engine. :wink:
you can call it a learning process.
also, if you've got the cash, i'll suggest a 2001-2003 evo engine. first of all, it is all ready in the same position and the daewoo's. second, you can get about 500hp or more stock. :lol:
got drift?
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

If you can afford it I would put a SR20DET in it, but don't know if it will fit. Th sr20det cam handle 400hp on stock internals, My step brother had one in his sentra ser it was mad fast
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
SyNt4x

Post by SyNt4x »

Yeh i am thinking of going 1.5 turbo. stock internals but lower compression. or get a hold of a sr20 or ca18. the only thing is im not sure how hard they are to bolt up. wiring a professional can do.
its just that i dont want to need to go about getting custom engine mounts steering racks and shit like that made up because its too much of a screw around.

I need to get a hold of a t3 turbo so i can see if it can fit with cutting the standard manifold shorter so the flange is higher up in the engine bay. because then there would be no need for custom manifolds, but im guessing its not gonna work if you guys havent done so yet.
in the form of tuning is their tuning software for the lanos ecu. i havent even looked to see what ecu the lanos runs.

because all i can see is that some of you are running new ecu or just running a fuel reg. Any info would be great guys. and if anyone from australia are on these forums that has done any lanos conversions please email me: awhinton@westnet.com.au