help with bleeding

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bmiillan

help with bleeding

Post by bmiillan »

in first sorry for my english. how to bleed break fluid in vehicle with ABS (leganza). how to open ABS valve? thank in advance
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

you can bleed the system just like any car, just have somone in the car, and there is a nipple on the top of the caliper, just pump up the brakes, then open the nipple and then lock it, then the person in the car just comes off of the pedal and then pumps , and you could run about 3/4 a bottle through each wheel, and then u should be good.
2.0 dohc turbo
Garret T3 turbo
Custom Intercooler
Custom Everything
genie47
Junior

Post by genie47 »

If a car has ABS, you cannot have the 2-man operation. to do so will result in a "softer" pedal feel and damaged master cylinder seal.

For ease of bleeding, I would suggest the Gunson Eezibleed system. It is one man operation. All you need is your spare tire bled out to 20psi. Connect the reservoir and pressurize the system using the air from the spare tire. Bleed it at the brake bleeders as described. Pretty good I must say.

See how it is done from this link:

http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/gforum. ... ed;#129307

I forgot to mention. Brake bleeder wrenches are very helpful as well. They give you a nice offset so that you can save your knuckles.

Hmmmm.....maybe I should upload the pictures and put it in the How-to folder.
bmiillan

Post by bmiillan »

thanks for your answers. my problem is about ABS system. is it bleeding same as vehicles without ABS or must to open ABS and which way to use to open ABS valves?
genie47
Junior

Post by genie47 »

There is no need to open the ABS valve. Just get the Eezibleed kit and follow the instructions. Bleed the brakes from the furthest to nearest to the master cylinder in sequence. 500-1000mL of brake fluid should do it.