Factory

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Hotplate

Factory

Post by Hotplate »

Can anybody tell me where does daewoo\chevrolet have a factory in europe?
Thanks.
daewooluvr
Expert

Re: Factory

Post by daewooluvr »

Hotplate wrote:Can anybody tell me where does daewoo\chevrolet have a factory in europe?
Thanks.
I believe in Poland and Germany. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

i think the last nexia was built in poland and than in a ex-tractor-factory in russia. in the year 2000, factories were in rumania, ukraine and england.
if i be right informed, all daewoos/ korean chevys come now from korea, india and china. but i?m not sure...why it is important?

tschau norman
Hotplate

Post by Hotplate »

I am the owner of daewoo kalos,and i have big problems with the car.
My check engine lamp is powering up every two weeks.
ERG valve is constantly getting blocked.So in the service they changed it 3 times,and the check engine lamp has been on 7 times in one year.
Across my friend in germany,i am find out that the main reason for all that is the valves are not opening 100% so the compression
canot be 100% and that is why my ERG valve is getting blocked.
In my country i cannot solve my problem so i have contact the factory.

Sorry for my english,and do you know something about this.
Thanks again :wink:
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

if the valves opening not 100%, it is unimportant for the comprssion. if they close not 100%, than you lose compression. with this tester Image the mechanic or you can test the compression.

who is your german friend? maybe he can post in german in the german daewoo-forum. my english ist very poor and mostly i don?t understand here all.

tschau norman
Hotplate

Post by Hotplate »

My friend Otto,doesnt follow the forums.
Thank you for your quick response,can you tell me whats the name of that device?
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

compression tester :shock:

you have to take all sparks out of the warm engine. than the tester in the sparkhole and start...than read the tester write it down and that game you retry 3 time for each cylinder. the 3 results of each cylinder you sum up and than you divide by 3 und you have the compression of the cylinder.

tschau norman
Hotplate

Post by Hotplate »

I will try compression test,because my engine sometimes work louder,and sometimes he doesnt have the power when i press the gas.
If the compression test fail what i have to do?

Sorry if i am such pain in the ass :oops:
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Rebuild the engine most likely, as with such a new car it might be a broken piston ring, which is leaking oil into your exhaust and causing the EGR Valve to block itself up. That's the only explanation I can think of.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Do you know the results of the check engine light? Did the mechanic tell you what the codes were?

The EGR valve is for emissions only on a cold-start, and normally it should not trigger the CEL.

Tom

Post by MMamdouh »

360 Dynamics wrote:The EGR valve is for emissions only on a cold-start, and normally it should not trigger the CEL.

Tom
i thought the EGR valve is supposed to kick in when the engine is getting too hot (whereas Nitrus Oxides are formed in the exhaust gases) so the valve dumps some exhaust into the intake to reduce the effecency of the combustion thus lowering temp. and lowering the NO gases... am i mistaken??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Hotplate

Post by Hotplate »

Mechanic didnt tell me anything for the code,but he remove the EGR valve and the valve is full,i dont know how to say this in english,the valve has 3 holes and all 3 holes are filled only very little holes exist.
Today i was again in the service for the check lamp,but this time my rear lambda sond become defected and gasoline meter,so i dont know how much gasonline i have in my tank :evil: :evil:
Mario

Post by Mario »

I suggest you move this discussions to the Engine forum...

The blocked EGR and failing O2 sensor(Lambda sensor) are only side effects of another problem I think.

Few things to check: does the car smokes from the tailpipe? gets horrible gas mileage? how's the oil and antifreeze level?

On a non related car (GM-Saturn), I've had to replace those 2 things after a head gasket failure that made the car burn oil and antifreeze...

Running the engine too rich would also get everything in the exhaust path carbon covered. But this can be caused by many parts, ranging from a simple sensor failing to a leaking injector.
Hotplate

Post by Hotplate »

Today i changed rear lambda sond,btw what function does rear lambda sond have? and fuel pump,because its a serial error with fuel meter thats why they have to change it completly.When the mechanic remove lambda sond it was burned,how the hell that could happen??I spoked with the service in my neighbour country Slovenia,and the dude said that the main reason for blocking ERG valve and probable lambda sond is ECU computer,the software is faulty on my model can this be true??