Aveo Kalos lowering springs

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

killer007

Aveo Kalos lowering springs

Post by killer007 »

Intrax offers a set of lowering springs lowering it 1.5 front and 1.5 rear. I own a 2004 aveo and am now curently working on a custom air intake, custom strut tower brace, custom cat back exhuast system. Hear are some pics

Please if any one knows of any other parts made for this car any parts at all please let me know

also let me know what you think of my ride
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

For some reason, the car doesn not look lowered at all.

But looks good otherwise!
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

360 Dynamics wrote:For some reason, the car doesn not look lowered at all.

But looks good otherwise!
Maybe because it's not lowered? He never really said he did lower it.... who knows?
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

That's really nice!
I really like the Kalos.

Anyone know when Chevy will offer the 3 door Aveo in the U.S.?
I like the 3 door a lot better than the 5 door.

Cliff
killer007

aveo

Post by killer007 »

I have not yet lowerd this car but i was reading some of the other posts and some one had said there was only one company making drop springs. I just wanted every one else to know that intrax makes 1.5 drop.

Question? does any one know if you have to buy lowerd struts for lowering springs? or can i use my factory struts with a 1.5 drop spring?
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

You can use the facotry shocks & struts, but the ride quality and performance will be reduced as they will not be in their optimal position after being lowered.
The factory ones are designed to be at the factory height.
After market performance/sport shocks & struts are designed to be used at the stock height or at a lowered height and still maintain good ride qality & performance.

I will be lowering my Lanos this sunner, and will change the shocks & struts at the same time to make sure the car has the best ride and perfomance combination possible.

Cliff
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

have not yet lowerd this car but i was reading some of the other posts and some one had said there was only one company making drop springs. I just wanted every one else to know that intrax makes 1.5 drop.
Wrong... :lol: You can get the APEX Suspension lowering springs for Aveo from us, approx 1.2" front and 1.0" rear. With 1.5" drop and considering rather short stroke of factory struts, there is fair chance the shocks might start bottoming out over bumps. As a result they may fail prematurely.

I'll post pics of lowered Aveo in a couple of days or so.
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

I'm sure these companies like H&R that make springs that lower 1.5 would tell you if you needed aftermarket springs. I was looking on their site, some cars have notes saying requires aftermarket shocks, but the aveo didn't. even if we do I can't find any aftermarket shocks or struts
Aveo that moves! Now I need those cams!
killer007

aveo

Post by killer007 »

I understand that the shocks and struts wont be in their optimal ride hight! so the solution is performance shocks and struts. but why do these companies come out with parts that need parts that arent made yet!

Or are they! the aveo has mcpherson(prob spelled wrong) struts in front and common shocks in the back. This being said, doesnt any one think that performance shocks and struts for a similar car would fit the aveo!

I think that the rear suspention would be much more simple to find a shock for then finding front struts
AcingTeam
Expert

Re: aveo

Post by AcingTeam »

killer007 wrote:...but why do these companies come out with parts that need parts that arent made yet!
Because you do not need performance shocks/struts to have springs.... you might want to but you don't need it. Lowering by like an inch isn't a big deal, it's fine to use a stock suspension for it, and your suspension will be much better than stock. You'll just wear out your shocks faster... but not dramatically faster than they would wear out stock.