New headliner

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

New headliner

Post by DomWoo »

here is my new headliner :)

here it is with with leds for dom and all oiled up (oil and black leather... kinda kinky)

and here is my runway!! :)

the leds are at half power so that i dont blind the camera, will take more pics when i put it in... dont know when that will be though
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Very cool looking.
Is it the factory head liner covered with leather, or did they make a whole new head liner that is shaped like the factory orrigional?

I've never thought about putting LEDs in the headliner like that; cool idea.
Maybe I can steal that and use a bunch of the blue LEDs I have that I have piled up in my 'box-o-parts'.

Cliff
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

at first i took off all the gray material and used fiberglass resin and covered the whole thing about 1/4 thick then sanded it down, the plan was to make it nice a smoth and paint it black, well after sanding it down and high build priming it, i sanded it down and took a look at the how smooth it was and there was no way that it could be used to just paint over, there was way to many dents and bumps so i tried filling them all in with body fillter, filled in all the little handel holes and all that good stuff too, sanded ti all down again and high build primed it, i thought that it was all smooth so after sanding the primer i sprayed it black, and wow did it ever look shitty still bumpy but it was way better then ever before not little bumps that could be sanded out, so i came to the conclusion that cardboard takes way to much work to make it smooth enough for paint and decided to just cover it in vynal, getting the vynal to shap was probably the only hard part, you have to use the vynal with that fuzzy shit on the back and the 3m rubber vynal spray or anything else will melt it and there is no fixing it after that, then have to have a heat gun to get it to shap

it is almost like a whole new liner after it has a hard shell on it, i was thinking of using the as a mold at first because it was a hard shell but i got tired of messing with it and just want to put it in my car and be done with it
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

DavesDaewoo
Super

Post by DavesDaewoo »

WOW that looks hot,

I was thinkin of the same thing, but with mine i was gonna have blue vinyl with blue led lights, urs looks super sweet, id bring mine in and have it done lol i dont have the skills to do that lmao

Dave
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

thanks man... its actually not that hard, the hard parts are the plastics that surround the head liner
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah i was wanting to do my headliner too with just vinyl. how did you tak off the pillar pieces without breaking them?

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i didnt.... they broke... well the little clips did anyways
DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

MAN THIS SUCKS....i was hoping to have all my headliner and parts back into the car because all the other side plastic peices have been done already for 5 or 6 months now but i wanted to get the back seats redone in black and yellow like everything else but when i redid my side peices i ran out of vinyl for the seats so i ordered more.... well to make a long story short i never looked at the roll of vinyl when i got it so now 4 months later i go get my seats redone and the vinyl is farked up.... so i ordered some new stuff and it comes with a different shade of yellow and different pattern, so... DAMMIT... o'well i got 2 plastic parts redone so far... will have to take pictures and show you guys