Raced an Eagle Tallon & a Mustang tonight

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Raced an Eagle Tallon & a Mustang tonight

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Well ... this was not in either of my Daewoos. :(

I drove my dad's '99 Kia Sephia 1.8L 5 speed to work tonight.
Holy cow that car can move!

First, an older (early to mid '90s) square body Mustang was revving his engine at the light, so I left him. By the time I was up to 50mph (in a 45 zone), he was 3 car lengths back.
The next light ... same thing ... 3 car lengths back, but then he turned.

20 mins later, after I got into Hampton, 2 guys in an Eagle Tallon were next to me at the light. Revving their engine and inching up.
I left them and pulled ahead 4 or 5 car lengths.
The next light, I did the same again. This time, there was a Honda Accord on the line, too. It was slower than the Tallon. :)
The 3rd light, the rolled down their window and asked what the car had in it.
I told them the car was completely stock, 1.8L and they yelled BULLSH*T!
Then I told them it was my dad's car and I borrowed it because it has a trailor hitch! LOL They asked how a stock 1.8L could be beating them so badly. Maybe they had low compression and didn't know?
They wanted to go one more time.
This time, I squeeled away and left them by several car lengths
They gave up.

A few weeks ago, I raced a V8 Chevy SS full size pickup that had a lowered suspension and aftermarket exhaust. I do not know what else it had. I was quicker off the line, and stayed 1 car length ahead of him up to 115mph. He backed off after that.

It is amazing how quick that Sephia is.
Maybe it is because it is a base model, no AC, no power steering, crank windows ... no extra, unnecessary weight or any accessories to rob horsepower.
According to autos.msn.com the car is only supposed to have 125hp and 125 torque, but it feels like it has a lot more. I don't understand why it takes off like it does.

Cliff