2001 Nubira Coolant Leak

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

einekatze

2001 Nubira Coolant Leak

Post by einekatze »

I have just replaced the head on a 2001 Nubira SE 2.0 DOHC. It ran fine for the first few days but now it has developed a nasty coolant leak. It is coming from a water jacket in the back of the head, near the intake manifold. There is no leakage from the water pump and its bearing seems quite sturdy still. All things point to either a bad thermostat, or a clogged heater core. I suppose the real topic of this thread is to ask if anyone knows of a thermostat that is interchangeable with that of the Daewoo, as the only way to come by a thermostat for this car (that I am aware of) is to buy a new housing as well. There is nothing wrong with my housing, and I think it is out of the question to ever pay more then 12 dollars for a thermostat. Any suggestions as to another cause of my problem, or a cure for my thermostat problem would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Puddle31
Super

Re: 2001 Nubira Coolant Leak

Post by Puddle31 »

is there any way you could have put that thermostat back in the housing backwards? I had my obligatory broken thermostat housing on my Lanos and just took it out to lower the pressure to drive it home so i could replace it with the metal housing. It was warm outside, but at speed it actually ran cooler than when it was in. The coolant circulated easier. I'm sure the car didn't run as efficient since it wasn't at temp, but it could tell you if the thermostat is causing the problem? Just an idea.