blowin off sum steam

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bestlanosinmaine

blowin off sum steam

Post by bestlanosinmaine »

a month or two ago i made sum pretty harsh comments about daewoo's and this community... im comin gback now first to apologize and then to explain...i have had my lanos for a little over a year now ive gotten to the point where it looks allright but i want/need sumthing faster...i just get so mad that i cant even find parts or anything...plus the fact that i get shit from everybody...for instance a guy in a kia was laughing at me the other day...i like my car but nobody else does i cant even sell the thing to get a new car...im just frustrated with it and i was blowing off sum steam...now i just have to figure out whether or not im keeping it and if i do what am i goin to do with it...
once again im sorry...to everyone
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

It's cool man, at first I got my car 3 days before they went bankrupt. You think you were pissed lol. Do you think the Manager (Whom I dealt with) Knew the pending bankruptcy and Chevy takeover? Most likely.

If you want faster it's going to cost money. Getting a fast car even used can cost upwards of 7-10 thousand dollars, for a decent car. I mean you can get the 3-5 thousand dollar one, but i'm guessing your into mods (Hence Honda/Mitsu/Toyota/Sube/Mazda/Nissan) If you think about it, for 7-10 k, you can do a Nubira Engine and Transmission swap, giving you more HP (and alot faster due to engine increase and weight)
*edit*
So you buy a used honda w/ 60k miles and for about $5000. Then all the parts are going to cost you a lot. Plus who Can't mod a civic? Why not save the 5k and put your car into shape.

I was pissed for a while, then i found this board and slowly been doing things here and there, hell i'm even following OZ and getting a second woo.

Here's what you can do with the money you'll save.

2.0L swap:
Nubira
Pontiac LeMans or Subird Swaps (w/turbo's)
The C20 family (including the LET)
Then:
Transmission: ( if you have a manual already you may want to hold off till your pushing some power.)
F20 - Nubira
F28 - AWD 6-spd.

Then either get a custom Intake or get a Weapon R.
Get an Aftermarket Universal Muffler.
Get Custom Exhaust Piping.
Custom Fabricate a Turbo Manifold.

With the amount of people doing Turbo's i'm sure sooner or later someone will have a step by step or such.

However. If you wait even a year or 2 more, i Gauren-Damn-Tee you that Chevy or some aftermarket companies, just could pick up the Aveo for aftermarket tuning. Hence since it's almost identical engine All aveo engine components and bolt ons should be readily and easily swapped into your lanos.

Now i don't know if you have the HB/Sedan. Doesn't really matter, but are you willing to buy another car (getting little money for your woo) and then try to find money to tune it?

.....OR would you rather piss that Kia guy off because you just blew past him in a car no one could possibly imagine being tuned?

Look at some of the Pics on here of Korean Racind and such, thats right you'd be surprised at the amount of Lanos's and Nubi's being raced.

Once you do the engine swap if you so choose, you may have a little money saved over to hit up www.Intimidator.co.kr For some performance parts. Or even hit up the Jetspeed kit (although shaun will disagree).

All in All for what you paid for your woo you probably got it out of it, Yea i got laughed at for my car, but i gaurentee you when i swap the engine, tune it up and such. Who's going to laugh at a car they thought was shit 6 months ago, and they now can't keep up with? Then you get to laugh at them with their pussy Kia's and Hondas and so on.

Just my 2 cents.

BTW if you read this complete post i have 2 things for you:
1) I'm sorry i wrote so much.
2) I commend you.[/list]
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I can understand your frustration... and everyone has a right to say what they are feeling.... good or bad.... you just have to be patient.... we should have all kinds of goodies for the Daewoo's in the next year or so.

My argument for keeping a lanos is that you simply can't beat the price vs value.

If you want a new car and you can afford say 10K then spend it on your Lanos instead and you will destroy most of the other cars on the road.

10K worth of engine and tranny work will make for one evil woo.... imagine the looks from the Kia guy when you light up the tires an leave him in cloud of smoke.

That's why I've stuck with them and thats why I'm involved with this board.
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

Erfinder wrote:I can understand your frustration... and everyone has a right to say what they are feeling.... good or bad.... you just have to be patient.... we should have all kinds of goodies for the Daewoo's in the next year or so.

My argument for keeping a lanos is that you simply can't beat the price vs value.

If you want a new car and you can afford say 10K then spend it on your Lanos instead and you will destroy most of the other cars on the road.

10K worth of engine and tranny work will make for one evil woo.... imagine the looks from the Kia guy when you light up the tires an leave him in cloud of smoke.

That's why I've stuck with them and thats why I'm involved with this board.
Yea that'll piss that Kia guy off, and that picture in your mind will be worth the fact you kept and pimped the woo. Whats better being the Unknown underdog, or the guy who wussed out and bought a civic (don't take that to heart, it was a joke lol)
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.