Daewoo Lanos 2002 + Transmission Fluid

Transmissions, Clutches, torque converters, Gear ratios, Brakes, Pads, etc.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Dorwrath

Daewoo Lanos 2002 + Transmission Fluid

Post by Dorwrath »

My friend owns a Daewoo Lanos 2002 Automatic and he wants to check the transmission fluid. He says the manual just says take it to a dealer.

Anyway he asked me to scour the internet to find the answer, so here I am.

So far I have found info on Daewoo lanos 2000 which says:

The way you check the transmission fluid is. 1 put the car on a lift. 2 lock the parking brake. 3 start the car. 4 run the selector thru the gears just like any other car. 5 lift the car up (with the engine running) so you can go under the transmission. 6 remove the transmission plug (it is located approx in the center of the transmission on the bottom). 7 if any fluid comes out put the plug back you are good to go. If nothing comes out then add fluid until some does then put the plug back.

Found info on a Daewoo Lanos 2001 which says there is a dipstick. But he hasn't found a dipstick, maybe he is looking in the wrong place or maybe they changed it on the 2002 model.

In any case could someone please tell me where does he check the transmission fluid on a 2002 Lanos Automatic

thank you
Puddle31
Super

Re: Daewoo Lanos 2002 + Transmission Fluid

Post by Puddle31 »

I'll wait for the pros to respond but I think there is just that plug to check, no dipstick. I don't know about the lifting ofa running car above you to do it though? I would say warm it up, then shut it off and put it on a lift and check that plug. supposedly that is to be the level of the fluid. I'm sure some of the guys on here can hook you up with better info.