Not Too Crazy Upgrades for a Daewoo Leganza 2.2L?

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Ali

Not Too Crazy Upgrades for a Daewoo Leganza 2.2L?

Post by Ali »

I've recently got a 2000 Leganza for a good price in decent condition. I want to make some minor performance upgrades on the car, as I really don't have the money for a turbo nor would I want to at the moment.

I don't know too much about cars, but I can work on them pretty decently. Any ideas that can make the performance a bit better than it is now?
Rodd1s
Expert

Re: Not Too Crazy Upgrades for a Daewoo Leganza 2.2L?

Post by Rodd1s »

well, a good tune-up/service for starters (change oil, spark plugs, fuel filter, oil filter, ignition leads etc), which can at times make quite a bit of difference depending on how well the car's been looked after.

a good cold air intake can make a small world of difference - both aesthetically and performance wise. but doesnt have to cost a lot, simply replace the airbox with a cone filter of sorts (usually quite cheap off ebay or from most carparts shops). then get some form of flexible piping to direct cold air to the air filter. maybe even heatshield to shield hot air from the engine itself.

if you're up for some cutting and welding you could make a few changes to the exhaust (like removing the central silencer, or replacing the backbox/rear silencer) but i wont go into too much detail.

as far as handling/looks goes, im not sure about where to get lower suspension from, but im sure someone on here knows.

otherwise have a look through the how-to/modifications threads or even at other members' cars to get an idea for inspiration.

oh, and welcome to the forum!
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

first thing to do when you acquire a used daewoo: replace timing belt+ idler+tensioner ASAP (throwing in a water pump will be a wise decision)

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Big Jeff
Expert

Post by Big Jeff »

MMamdouh wrote:first thing to do when you acquire a used daewoo: replace timing belt+ idler+tensioner ASAP (throwing in a water pump will be a wise decision)

MMamdouh
i agree, and a water pump is a must
Daewoo Lanos SX,
1.6 16v DOHC,