Lanos 2000/ engine swap questions (canada)

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Aquilless

Lanos 2000/ engine swap questions (canada)

Post by Aquilless »

hi all!! am just wondering since i want more power to my silly 1.5L engine, what engine would swap not to bad with minor ajustments , willing to do the supports and such and all the tralala off and engine swap.
I had the idea of just swaping in a 2.0L nubira engine but i cant find one!! yeah i know how silly is that.
Oh and i live in canada! thank you jesse
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

the 1.6 is a perfect fit swap... the 2.0 will require engine mount modifications

ever thought about turboing your 1.5 SOHC?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Where in Canada are you living... there are a number of us with modified Daewoo's up here.

I guess the main reason for asking is to find out if you need to do emissions testing and inspections.

GSiTurbo and I are here in Edmonton and Existence is in Toronto area.... we have 2.0L turbo cars.

Personally.... I don't think switching to a 1.6L will give you much the 1.5L has less horsepower but more low end torque than the 1.6L ( peak torque is less )

The 2.0L will not require engine mount modifications if you use the mount from a 2.0L 8V engine ( sold here as a Passport Optima ) as it bolts up in the exact same place.

In fact..... I'm still of the opinion that one of the best engines for a Lanos is the 2.0L 8V turbo that came in the Pontiac Sunbird GT Turbo ( I had an 87 as a donor and was going to drop it into my 2004 Lanos at one point )

I guess the main things are where do you live and how much money do you have to spend

Chris
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

PrecisionBoost wrote: The 2.0L will not require engine mount modifications if you use the mount from a 2.0L 8V engine ( sold here as a Passport Optima ) as it bolts up in the exact same place.
so this means that the modification we made on the nubira engine during the 1.6 swap on Bob's lanos can be done on the 1.8, 2.0 and 2.2 engines??

suddenly a 1.8 SOHC swap into my lanos seems to be very very tempting ( i get to keep my OEM wiring harness and ECU with the 1.8 SOHC)

is their a 2.0 SOHC for daewoos??

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

there is the c20ne, which came in the pontiac sunbird. is basicly a c20get with out the turbo.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

daewoomofo wrote:there is the c20ne, which came in the pontiac sunbird. is basicly a c20get with out the turbo.
what engine model those 1.6 DOHC 16v engine has? cant find this info anywhere :? (example: c20get, etc.)
norman
Junior

Post by norman »

moin,

in the old esperos/aranos you find a 2.0 engine (c20LE). in germany with 105HP. in my part catalog for the leganza, i read something about another 2.0 sohc engine...c20ned, but i have no facts about it. it should have 115-130 hp...

the 1,6 dohc is the a16dms with 106 HP in germnay. nice engine and the vgis make it to something special in the woo-zone...

tschau norman
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

c20le from the espero's is a prime suspect for turbo :D
SAZ
---------------------
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

C20LE and C20NE are very common engines.... given the lanos is the same underchassis as the Astra MK2 and this is the same as a Pontiac Lemans/Passport Optima ( which was manufactured by Daewoo in Korea ) it means there are many options.

That is to say that anything that will fit into an Astra MK2 ( this is the UK version ) or an Opel Kadett E ( Europe version ) will also fit into a Lanos with no major modifications other than wiring.

So any of the 2.0L engines will fit.... C20XE, C20LET, Z20LET, Z20LEH, C20GET, X20XEV, T20SED, T22SED, C20LZ, C20NE ..... the list goes on and on

The 2.0L 8V "Pontiac/Passport" mounts are getting hard to find..... but Garrett ( daftart ) makes a conversion bracket for $90

It's on the second post of this topic.... http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... 60&start=0

Alternatively you can probably find a mount from a Astra or Kadett in Europe or UK since the 2.0L was fairly common in the GTE versions.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos