Help with identifying 2000 Lanos parts

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

spades

Help with identifying 2000 Lanos parts

Post by spades »

Hello,

This is my first post and I would like to thank you in advance for any help you may be able to offer. I need to replace two hoses on my 2000 Lanos but I can't seem to find the one hose in the manual.

The two hoses outlined in red are the two I need. I'm pretty positive the one on the right is the Engine Ventilation Hose. Correct?

I just can't seem to find that one on the left in the manual. The closest I can see is the Breather Hose, but it looks nothing like the hose I need. Can anyone ID this hose?

Also, my CEL blinks intermittently and I can't seem to find the cause (could it have to do with the tear on the hose on the right?).

Again, thank you for your help.
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

Both of those hoses on my SOHC have split in the past so they shouldn't be causing CEL.

The one on the right I replaced with a bit of hose I cut to size from the wreckers and the one on the left was replaced by the previous owner when I bought the car.
They shouldn't cause any problems if the are split only that your engine bay will be covered in a film of oil and your fan and aircon inside will smell like oil. If you can't replace them I would believe gaffer tape would do just as good a job :D
Like the saying goes... If its still broken, you havn't used enough tape!!! :lol:

And you are right, the one on the left is the breather hose. Maybe you have the wrong diagram. I know that the SOHC hose is a lot longer than yours.
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Hose on te left is probably 96351635 (96298948).
Blincking CEL can be from misfiring and this is bad news for you catalytic converter. Read asap the error code that is recorded in the ECU.
Where are you from? Would you complete your profile?

Edman

Hose on the left.....

Post by Edman »

My 2000 Lanos 1.6 had a burnt/holed hose too! When the oil is not changed often/never, oil will vaporize and burn the to hose. The oil vapor will also gunk up the sensor in the throttle body! The dirty sensor will throw a code.

Edman