The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

take a pic. i'm wondering if i can fix it for ya cheap. (materials only) it would have to be when my class starts back up but if its not too bad i'd be able to do it quick.
does it matter if the sensor is bigger?

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

the fender isn't like destroyed looking just dented in all the way. definately better to replace the whole thing rather than repair this one. its an eyesore but I am lucky it didnt fuck the door.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Susp:Intrax/KYB
Rollers:Falken/Rage
Ext:Dan's Decals/mesh grille/OEM wing&foglights
ICE:Audiobahn/Pioneer
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

can you get one down there? if not i'll call the junkyard tomorrow to see if they got one for cheap. i think its the exact same color too.

nick

daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

i'm sure I could just havent looked. I'll take a pic to see if its repairable. maybe you can help me out. plus I got some dents I know you could fix. :wink: $$$
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Eng:APC/DaewooTech.Net/Magnecor/NGK/Optima/Ractive/Unique Motorsports/powdercoated valve cover/removed intake resonator
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

speaking of accidents, I rearended someone, any idea as to how i could fix a small part of my frame that's bent in (it's all the way in the front and just barely bent but wont let the bumper replacement fit correctly on the car)

I have everything cosmetic fixed except paint... but i'd like to pull it out so that eveyrthing fits the way it should...
a woo that is a work in progress
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

damn i wish we lived at least an hour away from each other. three hours isn't bad but its just at that mark of being a drive to being a road trip.

nick

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

are you talking about the frame itself or the reinforcement bar?

nick

daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

hey, as long as you can give me a deal on fixing some body work I have no problem making a trip.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

it's right behind the reinforcement bar...and part of the fram... It's slightly crimped, but looks like if you pulled hard enough or something it would straighten back out... I know it's pretty thick metal, but yeah... not sure how it bent when i didn't hit the person going all that fast... maybe 10-15 MPH but they were at a dead stop so that would explain it... (sigh) i had a lot of stopping distance... but my brakes need work... :-/

~Kyle
daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

Kyle, random note. We can't see your avatar.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

Good point about the avatar O.o i just noticed that... and i think it's been like t hat for a while i just didn't pay attention...
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well take pics of all the dents and i'll let you know. i still have to re-paint my drivers door again :evil: so that'll be first priority when class first starts so it'll be like feb before anything. depending on all the dents we might be able to do everything in one day for the actual body work then another day for paint. paint day i would recommend to crash one night so it cures over night. we have a baking booth but i just wouldn't feel right letting you drive three hours with fresh paint.

nick

daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

understandable. kyle need help too. don't 4get him. heh.
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

post a pic of the bend and then i think we'll have a better understanding of what we're working with.

nik

daftmajin
Expert

Post by daftmajin »

heh. i just realized kenny... kyle.... tim can be timmy.... we need a stan and a cartman!
99 A16DMS m/t Lanos 3dr