The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

buddha102 wrote:true, fucking economy meh what can we do, just sit and hope it wont get worse :?
You control the economy.... not big business .... if you want a job then make one.

What skills do you have? ( Education, trades )

If you could do anything ( within reason ) what would you do for a living?

You guys talk about the land of opportunity.... but guess what.... you guys forgot how your country works.

It's pretty simply.... figure out what you want to do.... then do it yourself.... don't rely on others to make opportunity for you.

Your government and the rich people of america want you broke..... just look at the cost of education..... most of you owe tens of thousands of dollars by the time you get out.

Come to Canada.... we have top notch educational systems for 1/5 the cost of the american schools.

I am an Electronics Eng. Tech. my tuition was $1100.00 per year..... and that is not subsidized by the government.... that's just what it costs here..... that's exactly the same price it would have been for you if you had been up here at that time.

Yes.... that was a while ago.... about 12 years now...... so how much is it now? $3800 a year.... which is still cheap in comparison to the USA.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

true, i got an idea, maybe we should make a lanos "national" anthem song? like honda boys have
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

national anthem? Didn't know honda boys had one.

So seriously..... what is it you would like to do and what are you trained for.

If your a general laborer, jack of all trades master of none then that's fine.... it just means you need to be inventive

You can do anything you want .... don't let anyone tell you otherwise..... if someone says that it means they are trying to keep you down ..... or they just don't know any better and have lost all hope.

It doesn't take a super brainiac to come up with a good idea..... it just take common sense.

Money is not necessarily an issue..... you might think it is but it's not if you start small and get others involved.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
buddha102
Expert

Post by buddha102 »

well, i thought that i want to work on computers, etc. so i took 2 classes in High School, networking and comp programing and repair but for me it was boring, and i dont want to sit on my ass for few hours

then my 3rd year i decide to take auto tech and that was to best decision ive made for myself, like Jessee said in The F&F "something about the engines that come me down..." same here, but for me they give me energy and dint bored me.

btw im still in HS... but after it, im going to community collage then transfer to bigger collage. thats my plan

as for what i want to become, i really dont care, something automotive. mechanic, etc. ;)
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

The most successful people I know started something up in high school.

For example....

One friend collected old golf balls from four different golf courses.... he'd go out with hip waders and remove golf balls from the ponds.... sometimes he would use a snorkel to go deeper and rake up the balls.

The deal was that he gave 50% of the good balls to the club ( they would quite often resell them or use them on the driving range )

Because he did this on a regular basis for a couple of years most of the balls he collected were pretty decent balls.... and the really crappy ones he would sell off to a local company for $0.05 ( they would try to sell them for $0.10 each )

So..... after 2 years of spending perhaps 1 to 2 hours a week he ended up with about 10,000 golf balls.

It cost him nothing but his time and a few extra showers.

The golf courses loved him because he was very careful not to disturb the golfers and he was very polite.

So what did he do with his 10,000 golf balls?

Well as it turns out he scraped up $500 rented a chunk of useless industrial land and made himself a driving range.

He made the tees himself out of plywood he managed to liberate from construction sites ( given to him because they were scrap ) and he managed to trade one of the golf courses golf balls for old beat up mats they were going to throw out.

He made the signs via white spray paint on 4X4 sheets of dried out brown plywood

The "payment center" was a wood shack that I personally think use to be an outhouse ( he claims it wasn't ) and they only took cash.

I think he started with 10 places..... and he was only open from 5pm to 7pm wed thur fri and saturday sunday all day 8-8 while he was in school.... and when he was out of school it was open 8-8 every day

If it was raining he wouldn't open up the range ( due to mud making it hard to get the balls )...... if it was threatening to rain he'd shut it down and get out there with his truck as fast as he could.

He charged $1 per bucket of balls..... which meant he was busy as hell with lineups.... especially because he was using perfectly good golfballs

Most other ranges were asking $3.00 a bucket for crappy hard as rock range balls

He managed to get his dad to make a ball collector which he hitched to his truck

Because he had 10,000 balls he didn't have to collect balls until the end of the day

He only had 10 stalls and the land (which had no grass) was really wide... so he didn't need netting

By the time school started that same year he had 20 stalls and had bought a used golf cart to pick up balls so that he didn't run out ( especially on weekends )

He had hired two other kids from school during summer break.... all of whom were his friends and enjoyed the fact that they could hit golf balls all day long if they felt like it.

That first year he made about $30,000 and the next year he expanded to 40 stalls..... bought better golf mats to hit off..... put up some netting and better signs.... he bought a new booth for paying... hired a bunch of hot chicks ( who hit on him like crazy because he had lots of money for a 17 year old )

He brought in bottled pop and bottled water and candy bars and chips

He had the lot graded ( leveled out ) and had sand and grass seed spread out to try and help out when it rains and it all turns into mud.

In the end he spent close to $15,000 in upgrades (mostly to the industrial lot )

He bumped his prices to $2 a bucket which was still a great price and pulled in close to $150,000 in sales that next year

The girls were working for next to nothing.... I think he spent about $20,000 in wages that year and he spent most of his time golfing that summer instead of sitting in the "outhouse" booth all day long.

That place was so busy it wasn't even funny.... at $2 a bucket there were usually 2 or 3 people waiting at each stall.

At the age of 18 he sold the business to some other guy for $25,000 and walked away with close to $100,000 in his bank account..... more than enough to pay for his schooling ( he became an accountant )

All that from spending a couple hours a week collecting golf balls.

Most people would have tried to simply sell the golf balls for $0.45 each..... but he realized he could make more money "renting" the golf balls all day long at a driving range.

Nobody cared that the crappy industrial land had next to no grass on it..... nobody cared that everything was obviously hand made..... nobody cared about the beat up mats..... people were just happy to smack some balls for 1/3 the price that the other places were charging.

Man..... I gotta get to bed.... didn't know what time it is.

Anyways..... you just have to come up with a plan..... and sort out the details..... you don't need money to make money (although it certainly helps )
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Man... I think I killed this thread by bringing in something more serious than usual..... this must be a record or something for the longest time between posts.
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Who's a post whore?
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Not me I say
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Daewootech says "You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while"
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

seriously.... who made up that rule... it wasn't me
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Let's all blame Efrain :smt038
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Efrain Efrain.... he's our man.... if he can't do it no one can
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

man.... I don't know how you guys manage to find nothing to say, trying to get a new page but it's not happening
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Maybe if I type bigger it will help
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Nope..... even the "huge font" is too small

P
e
r
h
a
p
s

I
f

I

t
y
p
e

t
h
i
s

w
a
y
2010 BMW 335D
2002 Daewoo lanos