The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

TxDAEWOOxT
Expert

Post by TxDAEWOOxT »

Damn Nick i didnt know your going to Wyotech!!! Congrats man and you better buckle up cause i heard that place is freakin tough man. You have to be clean cut and your shirt has to be tucked in everyday while your working or you will get docked points. they do alot of really intense testing there and you better be on the ball!!! i had a really good friend go and now hes selling service at a shop making like 40k a year. Well good luck and stay off the booz for awhile and get your education first and the party will be there when you get out of the "joint". i will keep in touch over the phone while your up there.
2001 Lanos 1.6
--1.25 Eibach Pro kit
--2 1/4 Pro 1 catback
--custom intake (short ram)
--port and polished head
--port and polished TB
--port and polished intake manifold
--Kenwood head
--Pioneer noise
http://www.myspace.com/txhtownxt
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well the school is cool but the town sucks major balls. not a damn thing to do here except study and go to the bars. they don't even have a strip club let alone a regular club. i'm doin good so far these past two weeks. my first class (out of three) is just collision. we're almost done with all the book work, like 12 books and tests, so we'll be hitting the shop here by next week latest and i'm sittin pretty at like a 94% so far. and the booze will always be with me. hell after i get off here i'll be goin to a bar. not getting wasted though. just a nice head change. the tests tomorrow are open book thats why i'm drinkin tonight. and no they're not all open book. just these two b/c its about electric crap that they just skimmed through. anyways.

and another thing that really sucks up here is that apparently 1 out of 17 females have HIV here. i heard it was just mainly locals but still. thats outrageous. looks like i'll be lonely for a while. :cry:

just deleted my number from here didn't want it on here for too long

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

first of all i'm disappointed in you guys. i come on here maybe once or twice a week and i'm the last person to post here. my god ppl. FOR SHAME!!!!!! lol.

anyways. i'd thought i'd let ya'll know that i'm pickin up another lanos here in wyoming. and only for $300. the timing belt is broke on it and i'm strippin the hell out of it once i get it paid for and in a little cold storage unit. the body is in excellent shape not sure on the interior. which i could give two shits less about really. but when i do strip it down and figure out what i want to keep if ya'll want some parts let me know. BUT, AFTER i start the disassembling. a list of what i'm definately gonna keep are:

hood
fenders
windshield
reinforcement bar
radiator and support
headlights
taillights
alloy wheels
hubs

i'm thinking about keeping:
side mirrors
hatch assembly
brake calipers
discs
tie rods
thermostat housing (if still good)
throttle body
intake
exhaust manifold
tranny
ECU and some wiring
maybe the head if it doesn't look blown

stuff i might sell:
whatever the fuck i want. lol.

come to think of it i'm not even sure if it's a standard or auto. but anyways. i plan on having it stripped within the month of getting it. hopefully i get a job at hastings or some shit soon to pay it off quick and pick her up. basically anything else i didn't mention should be up for grabs unless i forgot something which i probably didn't but will see something and snatch it up. and whatever i do sell will be basically next to nothing. but yeah i'll keep ya'll posted.

nick aka Woo (thats what my classmates call me here)

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

if its a auto and i dont have a new tranny i want the tranny from it

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
TxDAEWOOxT
Expert

Post by TxDAEWOOxT »

I want the rest!!!! Sell me the bottom end!!!!
2001 Lanos 1.6
--1.25 Eibach Pro kit
--2 1/4 Pro 1 catback
--custom intake (short ram)
--port and polished head
--port and polished TB
--port and polished intake manifold
--Kenwood head
--Pioneer noise
http://www.myspace.com/txhtownxt
WoOtYwOo

Post by WoOtYwOo »

to lame to read back through stuff....plz do tell whats been goin on around here anything cool and new?!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

hey mofo it is an auto. i should be getting the car by next week. i think the car has like 57k miles on it. from what the guy told me it was just a timing belt that broke so the tranny should be good. not sure how much shipping will be but pm me on a price for what you would pay for a used one and i'll go from there.

and wootang aka wootywoo just go up 5 posts man. c'mon you can't be lazier than i am. lol

and lee you want the bottom end of the motor shipped to you from wyoming? i'm guessing you could get one hella cheaper down there than the total shipping price. i doubt i'll be luggin that around until december when i leave plus i don't think the tibby would like it much.

when i get ahold of verizon on why my camera phone won't send pix messages or even receive them i'll keep the pics up dated on the tear down.....hopefully. later ya'll

nick

WoOtYwOo

Post by WoOtYwOo »

lemme get the lil thing under the right headlight! its like a plastic... and lemme get the sun visor for the drivers side!
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i also need the inner front wheel well (the plastic piece that connects to the bumper) on both front wheels

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

wheel well i can do and visor. not sure on the little plastic piece from the headlight though. wait i know what you're talkin about now. i think i can do that. i don't think mine was busted. but it might've been. gotta call my friend to see if it was or not. i think one was.

so whats up with the tranny skinner?

you know what i'll put this in the classifieds.

nick

WoOtYwOo

Post by WoOtYwOo »

this thread has slowed down like crazy
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

+1

Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

[RANT]
Sometimes you gotta hate people...

this afternoon i got fired, were i worked i had the customer care intranet at my charge and had about 4 different Managers, and for the last year ive being fighting to be promoted to the IT (web development area) and nothing so far with the excuse of being a new manager and other things, well this new manager (3 months under her supervision) is one of those people that know nothing and manage to get all the credit of the work done. i didnt like the way things were going. she even deleted my name and used my text on my replys about jobs being done on the intranet.

Well today came the day and she said that she didnt think i was doing my job correctly (of course i wasn't, i didnt kiss her ass) and i told her to prove me that i wasnt doing my job. she said that she didnt meant that, and started talking crap. in the end she said the customer care intranet was going to the IT department (what ive being looking for over 4 years), i told her that finally will be done and they fired me. i got mad and asked were to sign.

first time in my life that ive being fired... on top of all with no real reason.

the intranet i worked gets about 35,000 page views daily and over 550 local clients.

when i was saying goodbye to some of my coworkers, they got mad by just knowing the fact that is not fair.

:evil:

[/RANT]

looking for job now.
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

bummer, but at least you stood up for whats right.

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

need/want some info:

(i could have just posted these in the different categories... but i think here's i'll get a [hopefully] better response)

1. is the exhaust manifold from the Lanos 1.5 sohc engine bigger than that from the 1.3 sohc? if yes, will it fit directly from the 1.5 to the 1.3 block?
2. what other daewoo engine's injectors will fit the 1.3 sohc? preferably bigger injectors... obviously - lol
3. what are the biggest size rims anyone's fitted to a lanos? i know a lot of people go for 17"... but i hav a feeling 18" might go on there... thats just a general question - i'm only probly gona get 16".
4. how many turbo'd lanos'es's (lol) are there in the world? (WooTech Land, that is)
5. how many supercharged lanos's are around? - how would you like to see an addition to that?
6. which is best: full body kit, stock look or splitters & skirts?
7. what's the most anyone's dropped (lowered suspension) their lanos? 30mm, 40mm, 60mm?
8. is it just me or is my lanos limited to 115mph? (long story behind that one)
9. [INSERT QUESTION HERE]
10. did you know that a Mac Mini computer is the same size as a head unit? and it costs about the same aswell. (for those who want carputers)
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.