The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Audacity Racing
moron

Post by Audacity Racing »

oh dang... i need me some of those! :lol:
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

AudacityRacing (or anyone who has the data already):

Did you open your cluster yet?

(for those who don't know, I need the size of the circular openings in a non-tach gauge cluster from the inside of the circle. Diameter in centimeters and inches would be awesome. I'm planning a set of metal accents for around the edges of the cluster gauges. :)
Audacity Racing
moron

no not yet :lol: i've been busy all day and am being lazy right now. i'll have them tomorrow hopefully
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

I ate most of a pizza tonight. Although I'm one of those people who can eat tons of anything and never gain a pound.

I'm like a hummingbird.
JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Audacityracing wrote:no not yet :lol: i've been busy all day and am being lazy right now. i'll have them tomorrow hopefully
Doh! okay cool. Zoe, my 1 year old is taking her first gymnastics lesson in the morning.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

Aneab wrote:
LoL my girlfriend is an 17 year old girlscout... =D i got lots of nookie this year...

~Kyle
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Audacity Racing
moron

:lol: :lol:
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well i finally got my door done. its still sitting at school for the night to cure. i had to have four people tell me the black pearl matched the rest of my car before i put just clear w/o the pearl in it. hopefully they were right. i have a pic of me shooting it but since i took it myself you can barely see the corner of the door. :roll: well heres the pic.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

DAMNIT i think someone changed my AIM password and email for forgotten passwords to be sent to. :evil: so i guess i'll set up a new one sometime this weekend.

nick

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

Awesome :D

I've been working on my scoop tonight out in the garage. It's coming along alright so far:

3rd coat of primer... letting it cure until tomorrow when I do my final sanding on it. I pick up the paint tomorrow, so I'm hoping to put down my first coats. :D

I decided to just place the grille in there to take a pic and get a better idea of the finished product in my mind:

This is pretty fun stuff... Oh crap... left the paint in the garage... back in a few.
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

lookin good man. before you paint it though wetsand it smooth with some 1500 or 2000 grit sandpaper. that way its as smooth as it can be.

nick

JohnnyC
Expert

Post by JohnnyC »

ahh okay... Right now the best I have is 600... I was looking for 1000 but they didn't have any at the store I was at. I'll look for some finer stuff tomorrow. :)
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

yeah no less than 1000 grit but i prefer 1500 not too fine to where it takes forever to do it and not to coarse to where it leaves deep scratch marks.

nick

Aneab
Expert

Post by Aneab »

I love sandpaper... it helped me wetsand my light lenses after they had a horrible yellow tint to them (i took rubbing compound and buffed them, then wetsanded them) they look crystal clear now :D
a woo that is a work in progress
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well heres a pic of the door on the car. its a spot on match except for the fact the rest of the car is filthy. :oops:

nick