Custom intake manifolds

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

i think we are on the same page (hopefully you're not talking about electric blowers) the turbo will mount to the exhaust manifold then to the throttle body after some tubing.

a turbo can easily add up-wards of 100HP if set up correctly.

isn't there a member in Egypt with a turbo Woo? Zikas?

you should try and hook up with him, i'm not sure who else has a turboed woo in Egypt.

garrett
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

the turbonator is what I believe you are talking about...all it is is a little device that looks almost like a bunch of fan blades...you insert it into the intake hose and supposedly it creates a vortex inside the intake and you get better fuel atomization/performance. That's what they claim anyway. I don't see how it could help when the fuel is injected after making a 90 degree turn in the intake of a 1.6 doch lanos. I don't know about the 1.5...the whole turbonator thing just really screams to good to be true to me.
Here's a link to their site.

http://www.turbonator.com/WhatIsIt.html

Jimmy
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

wait! are you talking about this P.O.S.?

at first i thought you said turbolader which is what Germany and other European countries call turbos.

Don't use a 'turbonator' they are crap!

garrett
Last edited by gse_turbo on Wed Jul 25, 2007 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

so turbinator is not anything which force more air to the intake??? i thought (or someone told me) that it works like a blower which force more air to the intake and create more power cuz of that, the same work idea like a turbo but something more simple, and its not something which isnt moving, its moving somehow but i didnt understand mechanical or by electric... :?
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

:? guys, plz help, i am sure some of u have seen a custom made intake manifolds, but with 4 throttle bodies, or somehow its four butterfly gates each one on an inlet, and they are all connected together by an axel, and on the other side there is the TPS, but what i cant understand is where is the IAC, i didnt see it anywhere, and if they r working without IAC, then how they control the Idle running????? :?: :?: :roll:
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I think what you are refering too may be a weber carburateur type of setup...I know they used to use four small weber carbs and it has four seperate intake tubes...it wouldn't have an IAC though since it would be a carb and the carbs would be used to control the idle...I believe I'm right about that...

There may be some form of fuel injected system that looks that way too but I don't know about it

Jimmy
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

no information here just a pic of the FI setup for our motors.

garrett
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

nice...but probably not good for the street...since no air filter? I'm sure the direct flow of air into the cylinder would be a great benefit to a racecar though. Since it has the four seperate intakes I wonder if the idle could still be controled by a screw? maybe it is a screw that you use to set the idle...i.e. and idle air control valve that is not electronic?

Jimmy
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

that intake in the pic is what i am talking about, the only difference is instead of every cyl. suck its air without filter, there is a type which contains four air filters, and another type of intakes which are all connected together in one tupe which has a big cone normal air filter connected to it by a normal hose or any suitable way.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

i thought about the screw idle control, and i think its too reasonable, although i am not too convenced with the idea yet, cuz in normal cars, when u just put the car on NATURAL while its still running on any speed, the RPM goes higher than idle, maybe to 1200 or 1300 and sometimes 1500 or 2000 untill u stop, to allow more air pressure into the break assistant, and the responsible sensor for this change in the idling is the IAC :?
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

if you take a close look there are three pieces to this intake. QED makes the adapter that goes from the head to throttle bodies. Weber makes the throttlebodies (two TB's together, you would need two kits for a four cylinder) and they also make the trumpets. you can get a ton of different inlet collectors or filter adapters from Weber also.

garrett
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

So, if my thinking is correct? The fuel is injected into the throttle bodies...making it a throttle body injection setup...kindof like what my camaro had but with four small throttle bodies instead of one big one. Then adjusting the idle would be done with the throttlebody itself. No need for an IAC then. The throttle would be adjusted in much the same way that 80's tb injected cars were.

Mezomaster...if i understand you...you are talking about our setup on a cars from the factory. If you remove or disable the IAC the idle will go up because more air is allowed around it and the computer injects more fuel to compensate. However with the setup above the fuel can be set to a certain amount at idle and then you adjust the throttle body to get a smooth idle and the rpms do not climb. The computer does not control the idle as much it only delivers however much fuel you tell it too...unlike in our cars where it controls the idle and keeps the a/f ratio where it should be...so more air makes it add more fuel to even out the a/f ratio and the idle goes up.

I hope you understand what I'm trying to say...I'm at work and typing in a hurry.

Jimmy
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

ya thats right i think, cuz i have seen alot of pics about that and all of them didnt got IAC or something like it..

and for the way its injected, see the picture again, the injectors are places after the throttle bodies (between TB and the head), just wanted to mention that, cuz i dunno if u thought its injecting the fuel before the TB when u said throttle injection...

anyways, i was thinking about this to see how i would make my custom intake, but i think it would be impossible to make good custom throttles cuz in Egypt even if we got good workers, but we dont have alot of CNC shops to do that, and it would cost alot, and also i cant order them from the internet cuz the shipping would be so pricey :cry: , i will just stick with the normal custom intakes which normal poeple can do :) ...just hope after making it that i can feel a satisfying improvement or i will feel sick LOL cuz i will pay about 250L.E. for a flange for the intake and a flange for the leganza throttle, and then pay about 500-700L.E. for the tubes and weldings and i think about more 50-100L.E. for making a places to fit the hoses which are connected to the intake... :cry: OMG lol
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

it is a waist of money

MMamdouh

EDIT: i am reffering to the turbonator POS
Last edited by MMamdouh on Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

HAAAAAAY welcome back man, long time and no see :)

so u think there is no difference between one TB or four TB? i m not going to do it anyways, just asking.