header 4-1 vs 4-2-1 for 20sed and 22sed

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i wonderif this header+cat combo would work and not through a CEL? im sure those cats flow better than the stock lanos ones

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
eljunito
Expert

Post by eljunito »

You only have to cut before the screw and cut the plate of the collector and weld it so that it is not very long.

As you will see in this picture, the screw of the O2 sensor is on top of the A/C compressor. You will have to cover the header in thermotec in order to not affect the compressor with high temperature. You will also have to make the holes for the O2 sensor in the header. Also weld some nut to put the O2 sensor.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

are those pics on a 1.6 lanos? so other than making the bolt holes line up the header will fit in to the lanos? i see that it is tight but im not sure of what you mean by cutting he flange cause its too long, where did you cut? im sorry if i sound ignorant but i want to make sure before i spend the money and i cant use it, thank you

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
43som

Post by 43som »

uh good to see another k&n oil filter user.
personally i'm a 241 person, i've seen great results with this settup, upto 10 extra kws straight up.
but this being on the 1.6 lanos
2 liter nubby? i wanna see.
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

That is el junito 1.6 lanos. What he mean is that you have to cot the final are, were the o2 sensor is. and make it shorter. So that can be conected to the exaust pipe.

The same here with the tiburon (tuscani) 2.0. In a t20sed engine (mine by the way)

I cancell the project bacause I cant find some one who cut and weld the header conector (the metal part from my oem exhaust manifold).
ImageImage