Custom intake manifolds

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

this shows the build up of a 2.0 DOHC but the idea will be the same. the one tip i have is, keep the injectors in the center on the runners the the rail offsets the injector don't use it

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/cy ... nifold.htm

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

ya GSE, but in the 1.6L the injectors aint placed in the manifold at all, it just got it holes in the head it self just right after the intake flange, so anyways the injectors wont be a problem while i am making the intake
>2004 Nubira, 1.6L (Manual Transmission)
>Custom made cold air intake
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

you're right about the oe mani on the 1.6 not using injetors but it's not a placement or fit issue, its about fuel atomization.

if the injector is dead center then you are basically spraying the air as it passes through the primaries and it can mix more evenly.

if the injector is off to the side then you will be spraying the wall of the primary and you will get a very poor air/fuel mix and poor performance.

when i get back to the shop i will measure the rail from the motor i'm building aswell as some hondas and others to see if something will mach.

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

sorry and excuse me for being alil dumb about this :) , u mean i can change the injectors place from the head to the runners in the new custom intake for better fuel/air mixture??? i cant get exactly what r u trying to explain to me, i think u suggest the to change the injectors places from the head directly into the runners.. :? am i right???
>Custom made headers & 2" pipe with mid Walker filter and rear Jasma-5Ziegen muffler
>Custom made intake manifold with 2.0L TB and larger injectors (soon to be done)
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

i'll post some pics tonight or tomarrow. i think it will help.

garrett
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

THX man, i was going to start the job but i feel its better to wait and see the pics so i will wait to make sure that i am getting the maximum performance from the project before i start it ;)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

by the way GSE, u know that 150 ship + 150 parts means 1800 for egyptian currency??? :lol: thats horrible i swear, i had nothing to say other than laughing...and u know that i can swap 2L engine and give this engine to some one and pay about 1000 to 1500 egyptian pounds over to get the 2L ??? lol anyways i knew shipping to this country would be too much $$$$ :roll:
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

i don't think bigger fuel rail will do you any good as long as you are running a N/A engine... why would you need more fuel ready to be sprayed when you have no air - or not so much more air - to burn it?

i suggest you postpone this project till you turbo your car.

BTW: it is a really small world... i was with Ahmed Kassem yesterday and realized he is a friend of yours.

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

LOL ya its a small world :D he is a friend and he is in the same uni. with me also, its going more close for us to meet i think?? :?: :) well the fuel rail isnt a problem for me, i was talking about the regulator and it was only a suggestion to see what people will say thats all lol. if i saw anyone encouraging me i would make it and if not then i wont.
and for the intake itself, i think there is nothing wrong if i made it before turboing my car cuz i will be using the same thing with turbo (only IF) wish me luck buddy..hope to meet u soon. ;)
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

BTW, are u the one who was in Modern Academy??? do u know Hesham OFAAA?????
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

mezomaster wrote:LOL ya its a small world :D he is a friend and he is in the same uni. with me also, its going more close for us to meet i think?? :?: :) well the fuel rail isnt a problem for me, i was talking about the regulator and it was only a suggestion to see what people will say thats all lol. if i saw anyone encouraging me i would make it and if not then i wont.
and for the intake itself, i think there is nothing wrong if i made it before turboing my car cuz i will be using the same thing with turbo (only IF) wish me luck buddy..hope to meet u soon. ;)
i think the intake will help with the N/A engine... Efrain is a live proof for that so good luck and don't for get to post pics for the work you do.

MMamdouh
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

mezomaster wrote:BTW, are u the one who was in Modern Academy??? do u know Hesham OFAAA?????
nope... i wasn't graduated from Modern Academy so i don't know Hesham... i have a friend who is a Modern graduate that might know him... i will ask and see.

MMamdouh
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

ya i think he knows him cuz i have met him once when i was with hesham at modern academy, he was the one who told me about this site :)

and for the intake, of course i will take pics, but i havent start making it yet, cuz right now i dont have the money for it :?
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

just in bringing this post to the light again, i had the BMW fuel regulator installed on my fuel rail instead of the daewoo regulator, all i have to do is cutting the small flange where the daewoo fuel regulator is installed and did the same for the bmw regulator flange, then welded it to my fuel rail...i made sure that all the weldings are safe and is not leaking...now the car is really performing much more better and responsive, u can now hear the sound of the injectors alittle more higher than before cuz there is more pressure, but no smoke or bad smell or anything...i think i will have MSD system someday LOL :) , and much larger capacity injectors also with an adjustable fuel regulator..
Last edited by mezomaster on Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mezomaster
Expert

Post by mezomaster »

Any body have any idea about TURBINATORS??? which is connected to the throttle body, i have no idea about this and i just wanted to get more info, i heared it can raise about more 15 H.P. which is really great if it is true