Junior

Post by dinoc »

what ?
Currently : Chevy Kalos, Acura TSX '07
Sold Nubira 2 : pics and mods here
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

OK. If you insist on daewoo engine, then, DO NOT USE nubiras engine mounts... That means reworking engine bay...

I would rather find engine mount for astra mk2 gsi / kadett e gsi and mount 2.0 nubi engine to lanos without any engine bay reworking...

You should use your gearbox if you have lanos 1.6 DOHC with D16... Car would be quicker in starts...

Also you can use powersteering mount from GSI...

2.0 engine from nubi is almost similar to c20xe from kadett gsi16v. It have different head and lower compression. Everything alse is much pritty same... Also c20ne from GSI 8V have everything similar, but different head...

So engine mounts are the same, but nubi uses 3 centrall bolts for engine mount, while kadett/astra mk2 (witch have the same, identical, engine bay like lanos), uses front 3 bolts...

I will put c20xe from calibra, but with kaddet gsi mounts... It would go on my gearbox (D16), and it would bolt on, WITHOUT any engine bay reworking....

I will keep A/C, but will loose powersteering, and put powersteering electrical pump from astra G/astra mk4....

Engine is at local workshop stripped apart, and it's waiting new parts... As soon As I finnished working on it, I would post some pictures of this swap... You will see, it would be a simple bolt on... The problem is electrical connection, but, I am crazy scientist, so it wouldn't be a problem to me... ;)
mr_g, Crazy scientist
SMS Commander Car Alarm System
LaNOS Sport 2.0 16V 136WHP, c20xe inside
http://www.daewoo-hr.com
pavlozky
Junior

Post by pavlozky »

Remember that the Lanos Flywheel will NOT fit the 2.0 Nubi engine. You have to take it to a Machine Shop to modify holes..
Lanos King Rules!
mister_g
Junior

Post by mister_g »

I will use flywheel from c20xe. Also the clutch. Lanos 1.6 16V have gearbox D16 witch is identical to F/D20, only weaker. And with different FDR...
mr_g, Crazy scientist
SMS Commander Car Alarm System
LaNOS Sport 2.0 16V 136WHP, c20xe inside
http://www.daewoo-hr.com