Interested in a CD changer for that woo?

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Tim04
Super

Interested in a CD changer for that woo?

Post by Tim04 »

While browsing around today I found this. I will be testing it over this weekend and I will update everyone with my findings.

http://townhall.edmunds.com/WebX?50@50. ... 0@.ef0922b

Could be a nice option for those of you that want to keep the steering wheel controls that the factory stereo offers. :D
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Brands

DAEWOO, PORTLAND, EMERSON, AUDIOVOX, WHITE WESTINGHOUSE, CURTISMATHES, ZENITH, SANYO, RCA, GE, FISHER, GOLDSTAR, etc.

From the limited research I have conducted it seems as though these companies are working together on many consumer level electronics. This includes televisions, VCRs, Microwaves, etc. This is quite possibly why the Audiovox/Fisher/Prestige CD Changer has been found to work with OEM Daewoo stereos. I gave Cliff a picture of a CD Changer data cable from an Audiovox changer and he confirmed that it looks to be the same that is used on the OEM stereo. There are 8 pins in the plug and from what I have found they seem to be the same diameter.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I wonder if it could be poddible to put a steering wheel with stereo controls and the factory stereo to match out of a car like yours into my Leganza and still have a working air bag?

That would be a nice little addition to my Leganza.

Cliff
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Good news! THe Forenza/Verona stereo does have the OEM cd changer controller input plug! I will post pics later :D
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Here are some pics with descriptions. Pics are big so, the page might take a min. to load. I will add more later.

:D

http://www.geocities.com/timothyjr5725@ ... moval.html
Athrok

Post by Athrok »

Photos don't work =/

I want to do this myself, so eagerly awaiting. :)
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Okay, the pictures are in the Album under "Tech"

Sorry for the delay. :D