Forenza Grill

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

ForenzaGT

Forenza Grill

Post by ForenzaGT »

Just picked up a new 2004 Forenza lx and I'm loving it so far. The one thing that bugs me is the center grill. Suzuki has it chrome rimmed with a big suzuki "S" chromed in the center. Does anyone else think this looks stupid? Can you get a daewoo grill to replace it? I'm tempted to pull it off and paint it black.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

The Daewoo grille should be a direct replacement. There is nothing in the middle of the grill at all.
As a it is sold as a Daewoo, the badge is stuck to the hood, just above the grille.

I know there are people on here who can point you in the right direction for getting that grille, but I just got off working a night shift and I am about to fall asleep on my keyboard.

:)

Cliff
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Welcome to the board! :D
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I replaced my grill after about 2 days of owning the car... my Optra 5 had a big Chevy emblem in the center.

I'm not overly satisfied with it but it's certainly an improvement over stock.... I can't seem to find a picture.... I think they are on my work computer.
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

you can get a sport grill for the car from your local errr well... over here deawoo dealer :p not sure if suzuki has em though...

not that they are grand the grill in it is plastic BUT it could make a nice one if ya put some real grill in it (wich wont be that hard i think)
ForenzaGT

Post by ForenzaGT »

I bought the car Friday...Sunday I pulled the grill and painted the chrome trim and the "S" black. I'm thinking the "S" might look cool in the cobalt blue (color of my car) but black is definately better than stock.

A website that sells daewoo products would be cool...like the grill. I really don't expect to find a sport grill...or anything...at the local daewoo er, suzuki dealer.
inmysite

Post by inmysite »

I also hate the grill thinking about taking it off my self completely with the addition of a body kit or putting a mush grill or a chrome billet grill to match the chrome around the "S".

keep me posted and tell me what you do.
ForenzaGT

Post by ForenzaGT »

Cool...it looks ok all black...a tiny bit tricky taking it off to paint. I'll try to get a pic posted with it all black as soon as I can.
AznRice2Nice

Post by AznRice2Nice »

I also too own a Forenza S and dont like the grill at all. I was thinking about what you did and taking it off and spray painting it all black...... or just taking it off completely.

Lmk what paint brand and color you used.

-Greg
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Taking the grille off completely might not be such a good idea... You'd probablly be pulling birds and sh*t out of there. :lol: With some mesh and some time on your hands. I'm sure that you could make your own "sport" grille.

In the older Daewoos it is somewhat a pain in the ass to cut all of the plastic off correctly and then cut and mold the mesh to fit. Now I don't know if the new grilles and the old grilles are remotley similar, but the pain is worth the results.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Ive been thinking about painting the S black myself, especialy now with winter break i have time. Two people actually told me they liked it though when they were walking towards my car. Try to get that picture of it painted black i really want to see it
Dan
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Nurse Wratchet

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

Actually, I love the S on the grill, I think it adds a little more style to it. It's not just your typical plain mesh grill. It was actually part of the reason why i wanted to buy my Forenza! The color seems like a cool idea n i can't wait to see any pictures you have of it.
Size DOES Matter In my Engine that is ;)
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Nurse Wratchet wrote:Actually, I love the S on the grill, I think it adds a little more style to it. It's not just your typical plain mesh grill. It was actually part of the reason why i wanted to buy my Forenza! The color seems like a cool idea n i can't wait to see any pictures you have of it.

Yeah i like mine now.. i actually wanna make the other two parts of the grill chrome trim. The two on each side of the middle one.. i think that'd look good
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Nurse Wratchet

Post by Nurse Wratchet »

I was thinking about doing athat also while I was picturing how my grill would look if I were to paint my S as well! That does seem like it would go nice with the white lights. It kinda makes it look edgier.I have a dark red Forenza, but I'm thinkin the S would just look better Black instead of trying to match the red.
Size DOES Matter In my Engine that is ;)