Intercooler for my nubira

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

richardmatalon
Junior

Intercooler for my nubira

Post by richardmatalon »

As most of you know, I guess now you will already know, I am turboing my Nubira wagon. I have just received my intercooler so I am going to show you some pics of it. Tell me what you think. I know it looks a bit big, but to be completely honest with you, I wouldn't mind a pressure drop as I am not changing the connecting rods, only the pistons. SO here you go. I will get this installed and all of the piping run before the turbo goes in, just so that when it comes time, I will have everything there. I am getting the piping made for me locally. I work at a garage, and our local muffler shop said they will bend up the piping for me (mandrel) just for the cost of the piping. So that is good. I will post more pics when the project gets further underway.
http://gallery93680.fotopic.net/p7504749.html
Corbis

Post by Corbis »

Looks good.

Just out of curiosity, whats the engine code for your nubira?

(I'm thinking about eventually running a turbo on my 2.0 leganza)
1997 Daewoo Leganza SX
(Midnight Blue Paintjob, Pioneer MP3 Head deck)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/corbis
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Re: Intercooler for my nubira

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

richardmatalon wrote:As most of you know, I guess now you will already know, I am turboing my Nubira wagon.
Is that so you can pick up your groceries and the kids from day care even faster?? ... LOL :P

:D

Cliff
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Looks good! I hope you got it for a good price too.

What are you going to use for the intercooler piping? Mandrel bent pipes, or silicone elbows?

Post by richardmatalon »

Nah don't have any kids, Just always loved a wagon, evers ince i saw the wrx wagon, i have loved them. Amm the engine code is t20sed, it should be the same as a 2.0 l leganza. As for the plumbing, i am going to use mandrel bends. Yeah didn't pay that much for it, I got it for 241 shiped (us$) brand new , so not bad at all. I will send anyone interested the info. I am going to mount it this weekend and get all the brackets welded in and get teh piping bent, hopefully if I have the time, and then should be putting the turbo on the car within the next 2 or 3 months, Just waiiting on some parts from gsi turbo. Ohh anyone who needs any parts like forged pistons for the 2.0 , p.m. gsi turbo, he is really cool, he should have his store up pretty soon, and the prices are great. Anyways, i am going to go to bed now, I promised someone that I would post some pics of the nubi fuel rail, but i will do it tomorrow, I have it in the back of my car but i am feeling really lazy righyt now, so i will do it tomorrow
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

Looks cool :D

Where did you get those rims?
richardmatalon
Junior

Post by richardmatalon »

They are eAdr rims, I got them at a place here in miami. I got them for a really goreat price too, I only paid 320 for them, brand new, and I already had the 17"tires so , I jus tgot them to mount and alance them. But They are really nice rims. I love gun metal
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

richardmatalon wrote: I promised someone that I would post some pics of the nubi fuel rail, but i will do it tomorrow, I have it in the back of my car but i am feeling really lazy righyt now, so i will do it tomorrow
haha yeah that would be me ;)
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
Stefan
Super

Post by Stefan »

On your engine, assuming a VE of 80% and a 7000rpm redline, 20psi would see a Pr=2.36 and lb/min=32.7 which would have a potential of 270 crank hp (assuming a really good intercooler, hp would be 230-250 crank hp with a poor/reasonable one). That would put you in the ballpark for a T3 60 trim, a T3/T4 hybrid or one of the new GT series eg. a Disco Potato.

Rims look nice btw :wink:

Stef
Vauxhall Astra.
T3 60trim, Intercooler, Mopar Super 60 Injectors, SDS Stand Alone EFI, Cast T3 Manifold With External Wastegate + More...
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

Stefan wrote:GT series eg. a Disco Potato.
mmmmmm.... disco potato.... I really want one of those Garrett GT28RS turbos.... so far most people who have them say they are great.

I can't remember what horsepower range they are good up until.... was it around 300hp ????

Hmmmm..... a 2.2L twin turbo GT28RS setup sounds like a cool idea.

Who knows.... perhaps I can stroke it to 2.4L.... I'm going to do a custom crank anyways.

I know this is off topic but I have officially aquired a 2.2L Leganza engine with 33K on it.... and I want to make some very serious mods to it. :D ( I pick it up next friday if all goes well)