Daewoo Nexia 3.0l V6 + LPG styling ;-)

Here you can find images and specs of our member's car. Please use the gallery to upload your pictures.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

IvanCZ
Junior

Post by IvanCZ »

ziemniak_PL wrote:Neither did I :/

Ivan; I was quite curious how bad is it gonna be on wet, but surprisingly - as You said - thay ain't so bad :D That's a good thing, cause I'm using my car every day, for driving to work and to the supermarket to buy some bread :lol:
So do I, SANDo ;)
Daewoo Nexia Nexia project
ziemniak_PL

Post by ziemniak_PL »

Nope, I still don't know where did the horsies go, but I'm working on it :D
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Been offered a v6 recently and it's started to make me think lol.

What has to be done, as far as wirings concerned, to wire this up in a Nexia? Is it simlar to to the c20 conversions aswell? Thinks like rev guage, temp, oil pressure/alternator etcetc? And you need a v6 coil right?

Basically, what'd you hafta do to get this running in your nexia? Sorry if this is a bit of a.. bleak all rounder question but i'm interested. I've a rough idea but im probably missing a few things.
SAZ
---------------------
ziemniak_PL

Post by ziemniak_PL »

Pir0 wrote:Been offered a v6 recently and it's started to make me think lol.

What has to be done, as far as wirings concerned, to wire this up in a Nexia? Is it simlar to to the c20 conversions aswell? Thinks like rev guage, temp, oil pressure/alternator etcetc? And you need a v6 coil right?

Basically, what'd you hafta do to get this running in your nexia? Sorry if this is a bit of a.. bleak all rounder question but i'm interested. I've a rough idea but im probably missing a few things.
Ok, sooo.... :D
Except for the wiring; You need an aengine ofcourse with all the equipment.
The only thing that doesn't work in my car <still> is revs meter <don't know if this is correct name in english :P>. It shows too much, cause earlier there were 4 cylinders, and now there are 6 :D
As for mounting the engine; You have to make two holes to mount the engine <like original in Calibra - You shoud look for one and see how does it look like :D>. Also You need smaller radiator to fit - I have a Kadett 1.6 radiator and it works just fine :D
And i think that's all :D If i remember something new, I'll let You know :D
Oh yeah - the clutch ; If You want to stay by Your present gearbox - You need C20XE flat flywheel on 8 bolts + this thingie here : <don't remember how to call it in English :P>
http://allegro.pl/item361197014_sprzegl ... cotec.html
that fits with the flat flywheel :D
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

YOu can get a converter for an the rev meter to convert the 6 pulses to 4 pulses to go from a v6 coil to a 4 cylinder rev meter. Which means it'll read the correct amount of revs.

Hmmm, so basically, for a v6 conversion, all extra i need is [apart from engine and ancillaries], engine mount, smaller radiator, and a flat flywheel from a redtop?
Doesnt seem that bad tbh :O
SAZ
---------------------
ziemniak_PL

Post by ziemniak_PL »

I think that would be all :roll:
If i remember sth else, I'll let You know :D
ziemniak_PL

Post by ziemniak_PL »

Hi!
So I already know where are the horsies gone :P The exhaust is to "loose". I muffled it a bit, and got some powewr and torque back ;)
I wonder what would happen if I would muffled it a bit more :p

7HP and 16NM gain :D Hope to brake N/A 200HP soon ;)

Greets!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Cool. You just lost come backpressure then?

I know a guy who works with these 2.5 and 3.0 engines all the time. He actually told a friend of mine when buying a 2.5 engine, not to remove the catalytic converters as it actually causes the engine to loose power due to the backpressure dropping. And he's 100% certain removing them on a standard exhaust makes it loose power.
SAZ
---------------------
ziemniak_PL

Post by ziemniak_PL »

Yep, it is Very much true :)
Plus to this my exhaust has too big diameter <i misunderstood what was written in german forums unfortunately :/>.
I'm pretty much sure that it still has too little backpressure :/
But ... on the other hand - I have perfect exhaust for Turbo :badgrin: :D
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Haha you mad man. That'd be awesome. 2.5 v6 twin turbo.

...What are you waiting for? :D
SAZ
---------------------
ziemniak_PL

Post by ziemniak_PL »

Money, money money :P
Well, anyways - there SURELY is gonna be turbo on this car .... question is when and whether it's gonna be BT or kompressor :P I'm waiting for my friend to put the kompressor on this engine - I'm curious how much hp will he have ;) BiTurbo on this engine gives 300HP on stock internals :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
After that - SOME DAY <read: probably few years :P> forged internals, and .... :badgrin:
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Very nice numbers ziemniak.... nice job indeed ;-) Altough with the price of gas approaching (if not yet) 5 PLN/l, how is it fuel-wise? Are you considering LPG conversion for the times when you do not need all the power?

PS: Wracam do polski na stałe na wiosnę przyszłego roku...na pewno będę się chciał przejechać ;-)
Pozdrawiam!

Post by ziemniak_PL »

Nope, this car won't ever see LPG :P The gas prices are 5PLN + <i need 98>. Driving this car costs a bit :P Maybe soon I'll buy also something else for driving from one place to another, annd this one will stay for fun :D

A z ciekawosci; do jakiego regionu Polski? :) Dlugo w Kanadzie mieszkales? ;)
Pzdr!
ziemniak_PL

Post by ziemniak_PL »

200HP N/A - done :D Time for turbo :D
D o n n

Post by D o n n »

verry nice car....a like it ....this realy is a "unicate"

p.s. sorry if i write wrong,but i`m from...romania !