Nubaroo - Forged internals upgrade - Resleeve????

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the 8v crank will be a perfect fit. one tip I have is to take the #3 crank bearing from the Nubira motor and check it against the new crank. you'll check it's fit between the counter wieghts/ lobes. make use it's not too tight or too loose. i f the #3/thrust bearing fits between the crank lobes than you will be fine to order new bearings for the Nubira. if you can, weigh the two cranks as well, I think you will be pleased to find that the 8v crank is lighter than the Nubira, should be anyways.

Garrett
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Thanks Garet - do you think I should look into lightening the flywheel a little as well - I have seen the HORROR posts and pics of destruction on some of the lightened flywheel cars????
Nothing is impossible....it just costs more!!!!\

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

368KW/611Nm on wheels @ 2.4bar
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

Nubaroo wrote:Thanks Garet - do you think I should look into lightening the flywheel a little as well - I have seen the HORROR posts and pics of destruction on some of the lightened flywheel cars????
I have a lightened Flat style" flywheel and I have faith in it. I had 3lbs cut out the back, resurfaced, dynamically balanced and cryo-treated. the horror storries are true. some people don't go to the extent that I went to or they take off too much and they can blow. however the idea isn'r new, this has been done countless times successfully with no problems

I was going to use this flywheel because the cover plate only puts down 800lbs or 1000lbs of pressure which is pretty low. that and I had it started before I started building such a rediculous turbo motor, I'll be using a billet unit from Fidanza now.

...long story short, I think it would be ok but not ideal, if you where to stay N/A I would say this is one of the best options but not with a turbo application.
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Just another quick question - currently the car is making round 248KW and 3978NM on the flywheel running round 0.9bar boost. I believe the only difference between an 8V and 16V crank is the amount of bolts holding the flywheel to the crank, and the size of the front of the crank by the seal???? Would the 8V crank be good for say 350KW and say 500NM on the flywheel as I am building the motor with forged internals to up the boost to 1.5 to 1.8bar???or would I need a 16V crank or should the 8V crank hold up??

No matter how much money you spent on ur car.....there will always be sombode FASTER!!!!

gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

the crank should be moret than strong enough, I'm using the 8v crank om my DOHC build and I'm quite confident.
Nubaroo
Expert

Post by Nubaroo »

Thanks Garrett will keep everybody informed as the build progresses - I should get the machined parts late next week. I cant wait to see the end results :D :D :D