Thinking about engine swap in the Lanos. any thoughts?

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

a little off topic here but I have a question. since I got the car about a year ago, I have heard this ticking noise. I removed the passenger side tire, and sprayed WD 40 into the bottom pulley.. not sure what it is. maybe oil? well the ticking goes away for a little but then returns... any thoughts on what it might be? and how to fix it??? and also I am looking for a body kit. mine is a sedan.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Check your timing belt for any frays.
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

for a body kit any lanos front bumper would work, you need to get side skirts that are staight like these from oricarri
in other words you can use sedan skirts for a hatch but not hatch skirts on a sedan. also there isnt much as far as rear bumpers for the sedans, you might have luck getting a rear bumper from another car that is similar and having it fitted to your car, if your car was a hatch there are tons of options but the sedan is kinda the black sheep

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

big bump in the road to upgrading yesterday. was driving around town and turned a corner and my car died. sat there for 2 hours working on it on the side of the road. got it towed back home. started taking the top end of the motor off and looked up and my oil line. not sure if its return or not, its on the right side... well anyways it had gotten slashed or something, and then I tried taking it off and it totally disintegrated. so i went to the store. no one sells 1 inch tubing.. biggest everyone has is 3/4. just my luck, some guy gives me some scrap 3/4 and I stretched it to fit just for now. now I try again and my engine is getting no spark. at all. I take a look and don't know what's up. I tried removing the coil pack and plugged a electricity tester into one of the holes in the plug and tried turning it over and nothing happened. I don't know if it is the coil pack or the wiring... any suggestions?
sheepdizildawg
Expert

Post by sheepdizildawg »

got it all working, ended up being the coil pack, got one from the junk yard for $40. took a week to get here, well since then, I have installed a HID Xenon kit, 8000K light blue color, put some sound activated neon tubes under the dash, and a few other things. I wanted to know where I could get headers for the lanos. anyone know? and what size tubing would be best for a exhaust system? I think I am going to make my own
wongkonka

Re: Thinking about engine swap in the Lanos. any thoughts?

Post by wongkonka »

Hi, my name's Alex and I'm new to this forum. I've already taken the time to read this topic just thought I'd begin by adding my baby to it. I have a 98' Lanos SE 1.3L SOHC. Long story short, I never liked Daewoo's but this one was given to me as a gift as my first car here in Australia. I've had it for over two years and since then sh's really grown on me and I actually like her...I feel like a traitor since my first car was a 93' Honda Civic. I'm going to be driving my Daewoo for as long as she'll let me, so I'm inevitably going to be interested in an engine swap and would greatly appreciate some direct suggestions. In the end I would like to have 1.8L or greater DOHC with p/s and a/c as I am tired of being sweaty in the Aussie heat and having fogged up windows when it rains. At the moment I've DIY top gasket for oil leak, O-ring for oil leak. Spark plugs and ignition leads for erratic idling. Pod filter with piping used from dislodged resonator, and made a make-shift heat shield for better cold-air intake. I've taken out the right-side fog lamp plastic cover, so air could be rammed up toward the pod filter. I'm just lacking power and the filthy looks on peoples faces as they see my Daewoo speed them by. What do you guys think?
1998 Lanos SE 1.3L SOHC
benzino
Expert

Post by benzino »

holy shit dude...

Fail at search.
There are so many topics, including mine.
I'm just about to do a 2.0 swap.
Lurk moar...
~2.0L Lanos~EHPAS~H&R Springs~KYB/GTS Shocks~
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

long story short:

you can swap in a 1.5 SOHC or a 1.6 DOHC or put a 16 valve head on your current block (or the 1.5 block if you want)

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267