Aveo vs. 91 CRX

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Brian5475E
Expert

Aveo vs. 91 CRX

Post by Brian5475E »

Well raced at guy in the local scene. He had a 91 crx with the d16y8 something like 127 hp stock. Well he had vtec controller, he said he was tuned, exhaust intake. Well we raced from 50-100 Guess what the Aveo smashed his ass up till 90. He had a si tranny with longer gearing , so he caught up with me when I shifted to 4th. But at 100 he only had a half car lenth on me. I could look out my door and see his taillights. Now I need more power or better gearing. Any suggestions on gearing or trannys.
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Yea, get a Viper... and you won't have problems like this ever again. :)
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

get a dogged 6-spd from Quiafe.... or just do some minor exhaust/intake mods making you have about 15 mor hp's and some more torque and you'll be fine.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
asam
Expert

Post by asam »

I've taken plenty of modified CRX's , Civics, a neon, and a focus. in my 2001 Leganza. Anyone know the hp and top speed of a civic?
BosnianLanos
Expert

Post by BosnianLanos »

Civic....HP stock is either 117 or 127 depending on model (DX, LX 117, EX 127) top speed...doesn't say in manual, my Dad's (2003 LX) has done 110 with 4 people (~580 lbs) in it without much struggling...personal guess is that it does 130ish?

Acceleration-wise, doesn't hold a candle to Daewoo, and doesn't handle as well, brakes suck, and so do stock tires, stock sound system is decent.

Light mods to any 'Woo and no Civic (with equal mods) has a chance.

This isn't just bragging on our Daewoos part, this is personal experience. :D