RPM goes high while shifting gears

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

goldiegill

RPM goes high while shifting gears

Post by goldiegill »

Hi....
I have Nexia 1.6L DOHC (2000 Model). While shifting the gears, when I release the accelerator and push the clutch, the RPM goes high upto 2000 and this results in a sudden push when I release the clutch pedal. Please help.
Goldie
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Is your accelerator cable sticking/releasing slowly due to excess friction on it somwhere, or the spring being knackered?
SAZ
---------------------
goldiegill

Post by goldiegill »

No...........The Accelerator cable is OK.......very fine..........
Goldie
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

lets separate between two things:

does it go up to 2000 when you release the accelerator or does it do so when you step on the clutch?

is it running @ 850RPM in idle?

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
goldiegill

Post by goldiegill »

To be very precise............the rpm goes high to 2000 when I step on the clutch..............

Yes..........its idle speed is 850 rpm.

one more thing......... when I press the accelerator during idling...... the rpm goes high (to 4000 for instance) but it comes back to 850 very slowly.............. it takes as much as 7 to 10 seconds to come back to 850 rpm.
Goldie
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

Have you disconnected the battery or any sensors or fuses recently. Whenever I did on my Nexia I would have to wait a while for the ECU to go through the re-learn phase. The revs would take a while to drop but after about 50 miles of driving it would reset itself and go back to normal again.
goldiegill

Post by goldiegill »

Hi Turtle....

I do about 75 Miles Daily. and Neither i have disconnected battery or changed fuses.......... This problem exists from more than a year now.
Goldie
Turtle_Wax
Junior

Post by Turtle_Wax »

If your stationary on an incline in neutral gear. When it ticks over at a normal 850rpm do the revs rise up a lot if you let the car free wheel down the incline in neutral gear without touching the clutch or throttle pedals?