The longest Thread ever!!!

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

your car has more than one radiator?????? lol jk glad to hear some one is getting to work on their woo, mind has sat all winter and i havent touched her. hopefully weather gets good enought so i can drive her again soon.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well i got the fenders, sideskirts, and radiator off. left the ac condensor and just bent it back straight enough. i was gonna put the radiator back in but i need to find some brass plugs since the radiator i got to replace it is off an auto so it has extra hose connections.

and i need to get it to the dealership i work at and get it on a frame rack to straighten her out. she has a few kinks on the front driver side unibody. after that it'll just be those dam hubs.

nick

save a tree, eat a beaver.
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

damn its wierd seing your car torn apart. are you gonna be able to save the front bumper or are you gonna get a different one?

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i'm gonna have to reconstruct the bumper. which is gonna be a pain in the ass. but i'll get it done. i might even change it up a bit.

i'm also thinkin about taking apart a set of tail lights and custom make something. probably fill in the housing with foam or something and put some reflectors in it. just an idea gonna see what i can do with it. no sure if i want to make it w/o an outer lense or not.

nick

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

your old ones that you painted, did you try brake fluid to remove the paint? i know you always said you werent happy with how they looked, the brake fluid might work to remove the paint and not hurt the plastic.

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i'm not worried about the painted ones any longer. i have three sets of outer lights and two sets of reverse. so i just wanna mess around with them now.

nick

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

got ya

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

i was even thinking that i might try and make a mold and make some covers for ppl. not sure yet i got a bunch of time so i might.

nick

daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

id like to make a set for my sedan, stock ones are ugly as hell

lanos2001
Expert

Post by lanos2001 »

well if i can perfect a molding process with material i have access to if you can find a spare set of lights i should be able to do it. but there is a big "IF" there.

nick

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

got some fresh rubber on the 'woo! Pirelli P6000 all round. they seem to have a lot more grip in the wet than the Kumhos did.

(still havnt got the 30mm lower springs in - havnt had time - maybe this saturday)
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Rear springs will take you about a half an hour. Easy peasy. Undo the 2 bolts at the top of the shocks in the back and drop it down that way

Front springs are a wanker at the best of times. Especially on a 15 year old car that's never had the springs changed in its entirelifetime. Rusty bolts are a pain in the hole
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

its wierd seeing my living room all packed up, the house is gonna be great but im gonna miss the apartment

Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

Pir0 wrote:Rear springs will take you about a half an hour. Easy peasy. Undo the 2 bolts at the top of the shocks in the back and drop it down that way

Front springs are a wanker at the best of times. Especially on a 15 year old car that's never had the springs changed in its entirelifetime. Rusty bolts are a pain in the hole
shouldnt be too hard... my mates dad offered to do it for me while we go and terrorise our fellow "veedub camper" enthusiast, Anthony, for the day - ive seen 200 yr old sunken ships with less rust damage than his camper van.
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Leave it rusty, looks cooler :P
SAZ
---------------------