92 lemans no start

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

bigjim5551212

92 lemans no start

Post by bigjim5551212 »

we have a 92 lemans with 1.6 single point injection. It did run fine and then stopped working.Checked fuel pump, its ok. Put in new fuel injector cuz the old one broke checking it. There is only power on one of the terminals on the injector. We changed out the computer from another car. No difference. Checked fuses. Appear to be OK

Any ideas?

thanks
logikal

Post by logikal »

Starter? Use a multimeter to test for 12 volts at the starter. If you have power then pull the starter and attach it to a jump box and see if it spins. Also check to see if the motor is seized. Just put a wrench on the crank pulley and spin it. It will be a little hard at first but it will budge if everything is in order. Try that and let us know what happens.
2005 Suzuki Reno:
~3" in/out Flowmaster cat to 2.25" exhaust
~custom headers
bigjim5551212

Post by bigjim5551212 »

The engine turns over just fine. The starter works perfectly
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

I had the same issue with my 89 but I just used it as an excuse to do a motor swap. looking back I'd say check the ignition module, the cat, the O2 sensor (maybe messing up A/F ratio) and crank position sensor. I'm pretty sure it will be electrical not fuel related.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Did you check the fuel pump/ignition relay?

Kinda like, a massive black fuse, sometimes located beside the normal fuses.
SAZ
---------------------
bigjim5551212

Post by bigjim5551212 »

this car has everything except fuel coming out of the injector. There is ignition, there is fuel pressure. There is no service engine soon light. There is only one terminal at the injector that shows power. I changed out the ECU.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

I have run into the very same problem when with my Lemans "winter car" - turned out to be bad ignition module. If you also have no spark at the same time, it is the module. Without it functioning, the ecu does not know the engine is being cranked it will not start firing the injector/sparks. If you have troubles locating one, I should have one or two laying around (used, but working)

Post by bigjim5551212 »

there is sparks.
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Where are you getting fuel pressure? If you're getting fuel pressure somewhere and it's not coming out of the injectors then it sounds like it's just looping around the car instead of getting fed to the injectors. Fuel pressure regulator stuck open maybe?
SAZ
---------------------
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

umm my brother found out checking my car that there are a few relays behind the kick panel on the driver side. I don't know what they are for but i know they are there.
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

that was not very informative huh...
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

their should be a diagram showing the function of each relay on the main cover or so

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Isaac

Post by Isaac »

well yes. on the main fuse box there are diagrams of what relay/ fuse is for what. but he noticed, if you keep going behind/back towards the pedals , there are more relays... dont know if that made any sense.
johnsm

Post by johnsm »

I have same problem have you guys fixed the car?>
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

A few things i'd do, is check the timing, ccheck your fuel pump, check the fuel lines are in the right places, as in, the in and out are being fed to the right place, check your fpr, check the fuel pump relay, check your spark, check to see if the injectors are getting power.
SAZ
---------------------