P0342 error code

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

-Check for poor mating connectors. Sensor side as well ECU side.

-CEL will go off after 4 consecutive error free starting sequence. Or by disconnecting the battery for 10 seconds.

-Check if you have +12V on the pink (?) wire, relative to ground ( black, center?), ignition ON. Use a light bulb or a voltmeter to test it.

-Last contact of connector is signal. Use a O'scope to check it, relative to ground.

-Cross-check with Kalos http://chevy.mrmax.dp.ua/EN/GMDE_TIS_START.html , not exactly the same as your's but that's all I can give you.
kopisti

Post by kopisti »

Could you confirm the ecu is in the engine bay on a Lanos (2001)
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Not sure on a lanos, but as they're kinda based around an Astra/Kadett, try the Footwell on either the drivers side or passenger side. there're 'kick; panels that can be taken off and it may or may not be there. On my Nexia, which is absed on the astra/kadett, it's at the right hand side of the driver footwell.. [But I drive on the right hand side of the road here, meaning Driver side for me, is on the Right]
SAZ
---------------------
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

here in th states its under the passanger seat (your drivers) but i dont know about your side of the pond

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Is that the Ecu? Was looking at a wiring diagram for the Lanos', it said it was a Pcm, i read up and thought it was some sort of mini computer for the cosmetics inside the car.
SAZ
---------------------
kopisti

Post by kopisti »

I've checked the voltage on my oxygen sensor and it was pretty high 0.8V at a warm engine.
The only code I still have is P0342. Can this cause so bad fuel/air ratio to give such a value?
Maybe because of the pcm get a low signal from the camshaft sensor this cause a problem with the timing/injection.
kopisti

Post by kopisti »

After a long fault-finding eventually I sorted this problem. The solution was - which remained my last logical idea - put the sensor closer to the turning camshaft. I changed the sensor earlier but it didn't resolve the problem. I think in both sensors the permanent magnet was weak, because it was working but the distance between the sensor and a trigger metal part had to decrease to made it work. I made a hole in the hole to put the sensor closer to the camshaft.
Resetting the error code CEL doesn't come back, engine running more smoothly now. :smt109 I'm curious to see if there will be any effect on fuel consumption as well.
I attached a picture how the signal looks now:

wessock
Junior

Post by wessock »

Hi Kopisti. I'm having a similar issue. Can you describe a little better what you did to fix the problem? Have pictures by any chance, or maybe a drawing? Thanks a lot