Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

greenbluewoo
Expert

greenbluewoo turbo build ''list''

Post by greenbluewoo »

here is the bits I bought over the winter
arp headstud kit and main studs with the z20let headgasket
t3/t04e turbo with the manifold and waistegate and a downpipe that came from a civic but will be modified to fit
my glowshift gauges and innovate wideband kit
afco radiator its 3" think and my oil cooler with lines

intercooler with custom aluminum piping and turboxs bov that can handle 10 to 25psi
z20let fuel rail and blue bosch injectors with built in fuel pressure and a ecotech valve cover, 360dynamics underdrive pulley you can buy from kinkyllama
my rear disc conversion the bracket for this conversion can be bought from gse_turbo under daft art
half of my big brake kit the rotors are brembo and I still need to redrill them for 4 stud conversion and spigot rings still need calipers with the brackets cant seem to find them

bodykit :D
bucket seats
I still need to buy more stuff more to come
2.0 engine swap in the works
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Looks like a good start so far :) What brand is the turbo? Any more specifics on it ? What will you use for fuel/timing management?
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

blue e-manage system and the brand is unknown but its 57 trim dont know too much about turbo's but I have bin learning and I dont think I'm going to use this turbo maybe as a spare but I want to get the obx t3/to4r turbo on ebay
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

greenbluewoo wrote:blue e-manage system and the brand is unknown but its 57 trim dont know too much about turbo's but I have bin learning and I dont think I'm going to use this turbo maybe as a spare but I want to get the obx t3/to4r turbo on ebay
Sweet! When do you think you'll start the turbo installation?

Yeah that turbos a bit large I think. Is that the same trim your using exist3nce?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

Wow that's a brilliant start, so much goodies to play with. That must have cost you a fortune!

Good luck with the project m8, looks like you're well on your way. Buying the stuffs probably the hardest bit lol.
SAZ
---------------------
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

kinkyllama
Sweet! When do you think you'll start the turbo installation?

Yeah that turbos a bit large I think. Is that the same trim your using exist3nce?
I still need pistons and rods and dual valve springs before I get the engine in there so hopefully the group buy from gse turbo will happen but it seems like it will because I have bin keeping a eye on it on migweb and he already has 11 people and he only needs 4 more I think. anyways the turbo installation should start around spring time
Pir0

Wow that's a brilliant start, so much goodies to play with. That must have cost you a fortune!

Good luck with the project m8, looks like you're well on your way. Buying the stuffs probably the hardest bit lol.
yeah did cost alot but I still live at home and I have no bills so I figured it would be the best time to do it
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

kinkyllama wrote: Yeah that turbos a bit large I think. Is that the same trim your using exist3nce?

No not really. I'm using a T4/T04B, so larger turbine side, but I believe the compressor T04B is smaller than T04R.
2004 Optra/Forenza/Lacetti - 225whp - Haltech Sprint500 - CT12B - Getrag F28 6spd - KW V3 Coilovers - FX35 Retrofit
2002 IS300 5MT - 615whp - AEM EMS - GT4088R - Built 9.5CR - R154 - TRD LSD - SupraTT T/B - Varex - LS430 Retrofit
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

greenbluewoo wrote:

I still need pistons and rods and dual valve springs before I get the engine in there so hopefully the group buy from gse turbo will happen but it seems like it will because I have bin keeping a eye on it on migweb and he already has 11 people and he only needs 4 more I think. anyways the turbo installation should start around spring time
Good to hear Garret's got a good few people for his Wiseco pistons. Good to know you're going for them too, have heard a lot of good stories about them, so was definatly a wise move and definatly a really good time to get them at a somewhat discount price.

Keep us updated man, looks like you've got things movin on nicely. Can't wait to see the 'Going in' pics. Doing an actual turbo conversion on your car is probably the best way you could possibly go about finding out how turbos work and what happens etc.
SAZ
---------------------
gse_turbo
DTM Daewoo Mod

Post by gse_turbo »

WOW! I'm very impressed!
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

:D you really had a great xmass

looking forward for the build!
'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
greenbluewoo
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

thank you guys I couldnt have did it without everybody and this site
exist3nce
Expert

Post by exist3nce »

Pir0 wrote:Doing an actual turbo conversion on your car is probably the best way you could possibly go about finding out how turbos work and what happens etc.
+100000

When converting a previously NA car to turbo you will be forced to learn alot more than if you bought a factory turbo car. You will get to learn what works and what doesn't and some of the reasons manufacturers do thing things certain ways on turbo cars.
GsiTurbo
Super Moderator

Post by GsiTurbo »

Nice start indeed!!! One other item on that is not on the list, and I used is the Synapse Missing Link. Works simply beautifully from preventing the factory map to see boost. I used it on my GSI and I would give it 5 out of 5. Its not very inexpensive (got mine for about US 90 off eBay - the universal style), but it was the best $90 I've spent.
Expert

Post by greenbluewoo »

yeah I was thinking of buying it but I keep forgetting
mocpac

Post by mocpac »

GsiTurbo wrote:Nice start indeed!!!
+2
ImageImage