Chocolate Chip finally plugged-in

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

DomWoo
Expert

Post by DomWoo »

i had the idea that you were thinking about using a relay with the light but i dont know much about relays so i didnt think to much about it
bestlanosinmaine

Post by bestlanosinmaine »

i have an automatic in my lanos too...but i put a custom shift knob on so im trying to rewire the power button to a switch on the dash or center console...so if u figure out how to wire the cc tko a switch it could probally be used on the same switch/button...but i dont really know too much about electrical wiring other than very basic stuff but if u guys could think of a way to do it im getting the cc anyway and ill try it
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

you should put it like vin diesel did in The Fast in the Furious. Take your 4-ways. When hit they pop out another lil activator, nail that biatch.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I posted some info on this subject quite a while ago... possibly in the electronics area.

All your really doing is making the engine dump more fuel.... this simple resistor thing is very crude.

A potentiometer (variable resistor) would be way better and it would allow some adjustability so that you can maximize power.

I will design one and probably give it to GsiTurbo to sell when he gets his company up and running.

Integrating a switch is easy.... and the great thing about a potentiometer is that you can dial in the power levels (and corresponding fuel economy)

So if you want to run more power just rotate the knob.... if you want good economy rotate it the other way.

This is a very simple "hack" but I have to say that removing the IAT sensor completely is a bad idea..... modifying it to do what you want without getting rid of it's function is the better way to do it.

I'm lazy.... so I'm not going to look for it.... but I actually posted a diagram showing all the IAT resistance vs temperature and did the calculation for the resistance level..... so if you do a search with "erfinder" as the author you will probably find it
Efratech
Admin

Post by Efratech »

'88 Pontiac Lemans GTE - 2.0 16v XE - fully programable ECU, Custom made intake manifold and other bits.
146.6WHP/135lb.ft - 14.81@94mph
Mike

Post by Mike »

OK...

I live and drive between 5280-6000 feet above sea level. I feel that this Chocolate chip will make my car run too rich for this altitude.

I do feel a resistor that would not make it run as rich would improve performance. I have access to resistors and rubber etc... I work for a company that manufactures computer tape libraries

Does ANYONE know the resistance of the Chocolate Chip? Anyone that has one could simply measure the resistance with an ohm meter. Any info apprecitated.

BTW the links that talk about the resistance values in this post: http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=549 do not work.

Links that do not work: "Here are the links

IATCCT.jpg is the original Lanos sensor circuit....
http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/erf ... m=adb3.jpg

IATCCT2.jpg is the modified Lanos sensor circuit with manual enrichment control......
http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/erf ... m=a60b.jpg

and last but not least is the sensor data the IAT should be putting out.....
http://ca.f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/erf ... m=1b4a.jpg"
-Mike

2000 Lanos automatic (traded in)
2004 Chevrolet Cavalier
Wolf-Spirit
Expert

Post by Wolf-Spirit »

i second erfinders opinion here tbh.. BUT only way to propper know how to set it and when (as moisture in air can be difrent anyday anyways) is almost imposible ... :(

best you could do i geus is install it like erfinder says and go on a bench and turn the knob so you can actualy c what you are doing. I geus you could try a lamba meter inside car aswell though?
Still want to install one in mine tbh cuase some days my lanos seams underpowered vs other days so i wanna know what happens then :)
Mike

Post by Mike »

I live where there is less oxygen and this chip will probbably clog my cat converter, runin my O2 sensors and provide minimal performance gain.

The power loss at my altitude is 12%, so I need to have a resistor with less resistance.

I would assume I could just get a resistor with 12% less resistance?
Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

WOW!! this chip makes one hell of a difference I can't believe it
AcingTeam
Expert

Post by AcingTeam »

Didn't I tell you? lol wait till you see how much gas you're actually wasting if you shift to 6k rpms everytime.
I've experienced that if you shift before 3k rpms everytime with the chip plugged-in, your fuel economy doesn't change much.... or I haven't noticed the change at all.
On the other hand, if you're driving agressively... it sucks for the fuel economy...
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I love the boost my chocolate chip gives, but I hate how much gas my car drinks when I use it.
That is why I am going to make that switching relay circuit for it so it is only used when I press the power button on my shifter. :)

Cliff