Control arm bushing

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

Daniel
Expert

Control arm bushing

Post by Daniel »

Need your input here. I'll try to replace worn bushing on control arm since a complete unit cost around 150-200USD here :oops: .
To remove and replace the bushing I will be using my trusty vise which can I think develop at least 5~10 tons. Do you think it's enough or do I need a better press?
I'll refurbish L&R.

Thks,

Daniel
paul8488

Post by paul8488 »

I found out in a safety check that I have to do the same thing! I have called around... most garages (I'm in France) don't even want to look at the car... several have said that they can't get parts and won't even try! I found replacement control arms (95 euros each), but was told by the safety check people that all I need to replce is the rubber bushings. I'm not even sure where to get the bushings, and whether or not it's a huge job to replace them (or the control arms for that matter).
Daniel
Expert

Post by Daniel »

Haven't yet do the job. I've buy the front and rear bushings on " http://www.Ebay.com " in USA. Cost me 50€ for two pairs, ex customs (10€). Freight was higher than bushings value. Parts references you'll need depend of make and year. There are also "split sleeve" 96300622 you could need for the rear bushing. Do a "control arm" search on our forum and you'll determine if you can do the job. Otherwise try to find a garage who was Daewoo before.

Daniel