N.E.U.S. Daewoo Meet - October 16th

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

daewooluvr
Expert

N.E.U.S. Daewoo Meet - October 16th

Post by daewooluvr »

Thanks Cliff for nudging me in the right direction...

http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtop ... =9560#9560

Price:
$5 per person for food. Will set up paypal
$7 per person after October 10th

You can pay via paypal. Send payments to shaun.duffy@cimbrian.com and please put your forum name in the comments so I know who they're coming from. Thank you.

Date:
October 16th

Time:
1pm til whenever

Long Park
1441 Harrisburg Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601

Hotel:
Travelodge - Lancaster Amish Country
The park is east to get to from the hotel.
From the hotel, travel east on Columbia Ave
Turn RIGHT on Spencer Ave (it is a one way street)
Turn LEFT on Hamilton Park Drive
Cross Atkins Ave and you are then in the park.

Schedule of Events:
1pm- 2pm Lunch
2pm - 5pm (games, mall, toys r us, whatever)
5pm-6pm Dinner
6pm-?? Cruise

Suggested Items to bring:
Cell Phone
PA Map
2-way radio
Parts to sell or trade
games (baseball/softball equip, frizbee, board games, etc...)

Suggested Menu:
Hot dogs & burgers for lunch
BBQ & Grilled Chicken for Dinner
Chips, salads, and other sides could be brought on a voluntary signup.

I will create another thread with a signup list in the next week or so once we can nail down the price per person. If anyone has any suggestions please post them here. :)

No Alcohol at the park, no nudity, no burn outs, so basically behave as you would like us to behave at your parents and grandparents house.
Last edited by daewooluvr on Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
2000 Daewoo Lanos HB - Its green

Check me out at http://sdconsulting.weebly.com
KnightWalace
Expert

Post by KnightWalace »

if you're getting 2 way radios make sure they use the same frequency/channels... no sense in having 16 guys with 16 different 2way radios and can't talk to anyone.
2004 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart
Stock.. Till summer (good job coming)

RRM Turbo Kit
VRS 3" Exhaust with a MeganRacing Carbon Fiber muffler.
Some other goodies.
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Post by TheGreatAndPowerfulOz »

I have a pair of 2 way radios, and have access to another matching pair. They use the standard public radio band, as do all the standard hand held radios.
They are cheap @ Wal Mart if you want to grab your own. I got mine for $9 each (but I think they were on clearance at the time).

I will drive up Fri the 15th, and will be staying the 15th, 16th and leaving on the 17th. I think 3 days there will be more than enough PA for me for a while. LOL

As one of the first people to arrive, I can (try to) help organize the event as needed.

After we find out how much the park fee is, maybe we can PayPal our share of the money to Shaun so he can get it to the park office on time.

Cliff
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

KnightWalace wrote:if you're getting 2 way radios make sure they use the same frequency/channels... no sense in having 16 guys with 16 different 2way radios and can't talk to anyone.
"I wish common sense were more common." haha just kidding :lol:

daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:I have a pair of 2 way radios, and have access to another matching pair. They use the standard public radio band, as do all the standard hand held radios.
They are cheap @ Wal Mart if you want to grab your own. I got mine for $9 each (but I think they were on clearance at the time).

I will drive up Fri the 15th, and will be staying the 15th, 16th and leaving on the 17th. I think 3 days there will be more than enough PA for me for a while. LOL

As one of the first people to arrive, I can (try to) help organize the event as needed.

After we find out how much the park fee is, maybe we can PayPal our share of the money to Shaun so he can get it to the park office on time.

Cliff
Yeah I also have a set but can't seem to find the other. Any help would be greatly appreciated cliff. I figured on just taking the price of the park + food and dividing it among everyone who comes.

Since cliff is getting a hotel room, party at cliffs ;)

Slammed
Expert

Post by Slammed »

I have a Nextel Phone that has the two way built in
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Slammed wrote:I have a Nextel Phone that has the two way built in
And that will only work with other NexTel phones with the two-way, which mine is not and does not.

LOL

My phone is a SunCom that they forgot to turn off back in May when I closed the account.
No phone bill (WOOHOO!!!) and no voice mail, but the phone still works for incoming & outgoing calls ... even the caller ID and web surfing still works! :) Unlimited minutes for $0.00 a months. I can't complain at all.
When I checked into it, SunCom says my phone number does not exist in their computer system, so there is no way to generate a bill or or have calls linked to an account. :) SWEET!

LOL

I'll bring my radios, get my friend's 2 radios and see if I can get any others for cheap.

And yes ... Party in my room!

Cliff
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Think T-shirts for the event would be a good idea?

We could come up with a design and I can have them printed or embroidered at a local shop then bring them with me.

As with most printed shirts, around $15 should cover the cost of the shirt itself + the printing cost.

Anyone else interested?

Cliff
Tim04
Super

Post by Tim04 »

Hell I'd like one even though I wont be there. I would love to just show my support though :D
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Just an idea ... thinking maybe a Haynes Beefy-T heavy weight pre-shrunk cotton t-shirt with something like this embroidered on the front left side of the chest.

Remember, this was done with Paint, not Photoshop or anything else that has any fancy editing abilities, so this is a VERY rough preliminary idea.

I was thinking the text could be arched in a circle over the top of the Woo symbol, not angled like it is in the pic.

If anyone else has any ideas, PLEASE post them. :)

Thanks,
Cliff
daewooluvr
Expert

Post by daewooluvr »

TheGreatAndPowerfulOz wrote:Think T-shirts for the event would be a good idea?

We could come up with a design and I can have them printed or embroidered at a local shop then bring them with me.

As with most printed shirts, around $15 should cover the cost of the shirt itself + the printing cost.

Anyone else interested?

Cliff
I can get them for around $10 each. Good quality silk screen.

asam
Expert

Post by asam »

I live way to far away to go but can we order the shirt from you.

Thanks,

Alex
Brian5475E
Expert

Post by Brian5475E »

Are Aveos invited, If so I'll be there I'm from Cincinnati
TheGreatAndPowerfulOz
All Powerful

Brian5475E wrote:Are Aveos invited, If so I'll be there I'm from Cincinnati
Of course!
The Aveo, as you know, is just a rebadged Daewoo Kalos.
:)

The more the better. If you know anyone else with an Aveo, tell them to come, too!

Cliff
AveoLS

Post by AveoLS »

Can I come even tho I drive a rebagged daewoo? Its a Chevy Aveo but is the same thing as the Kalos and Suzuki Sprint. The only stuff done or soon to be done so far is a KN Filter for the 1.6 ETech Lanos, hyper ground soon to be done and Silverstar headlights.

I live right up the road from where you guys are going to be so I would just come out for the events. I am in Leola PA which is about 20 minutes from the route 30 attractions.