1.6 dohc turbo (New pics added)

Forced induction, NA tunning, exhaust, just performance

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I may look into a smaller turbo to use temporarily...the price would have to be dirt cheap though...no more than $150.
I found that spectre performance is making a new full EMS system...the open source people who work with megasquirt helped them design it...so if it's not too expensive I may go full standalone computer so I can get complete control of everything. My friend just took his rising rate fuel pressure regulator off his car and said I could have it for $40. Anyone use one on a turbo'd woo? I thought about trying it and seeing if my car could handle 4 psi or so with it? It would be alot cheaper than buying a piggyback and then later having to buy another computer. I've been told it's a bad idea though and I would be taking a big risk trusting the air/fuel ratios and such to so simple a solution.

Jimmy
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

So, I got my grill in and painted...still gotta paint the silver part behind it black though.

As you can see my painting of the rear bumper is not perfect but it sure beats paying 400 to fix it. and besides that pic is before I wet sand it. I'm gonna try and wet sand/buff it Friday and then I bet it'll look ten times better.

Jimmy
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

nice work

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
elhombredemierda
Super

Post by elhombredemierda »

+1
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Thanks, I wet sanded a little today but I'm just gonna leave as is and shoot the clear over it this weekend. I decided as soon as winter is over I'm gonna strip the whole bumper and fix it properly.

Jimmy
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Got her wet sanded today and tomorrow it's time for the last coat of color and a couple coats of clear.

On another note. I finally managed to get in touch with and arrange a pick up date of my second Lanos. Once it's up and running I can really concentrate on making my hatchback perform.

Jimmy
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

i wish i had a hatch....

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
Pir0
Expert

Post by Pir0 »

You'd be better off running both most likely. Standard efi cars run between 2.5/3 bar. Getting an adjustable fuel pressure regulator is hand as you can set it above 3 bar. I'm not sure if you need a piggyback, new map sensor or a standalone though. I know it would be better, but i don't think you need one.

I know a guy who turbo's 2.0 8v engines fromt he likes of an Opel Kadett, what he does is add's a fifth injector. Squirting fuel in with the air, and still runs the normal ecu that the engine came with.

It works though. A lot of the car's he has turbo'd have came out around 200bhp
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Thanks for the reply Pir0. I'll be running a piggyback and I'm just gonna use some check valves for the map sensor for a little while...I might fool around with getting a 2 bar sensor to work later. I bought the regulator but I'm gonna wait till I get the other woo running before installing my turbo. That way I can have a backup car. I'll look into running a fifth injector...maybe using a simple piggyback to control it and let the cars stock computer handle everything until I get the rpms up to around 3500 and start making boost.

Jimmy