My 2001 Nubira - PICS OF BUSHINGS!

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

jl4n3

My 2001 Nubira - PICS OF BUSHINGS!

Post by jl4n3 »

Hello all!

I have seriously been on this forum just reading and searching post's for hours!

2001 Nubira Auto

After all the searching I am confident that my Daewoo needs new control arm bushings and ball joint on the passenger side.

I am only buying the bushings and joints and not the whole arm because my grandfather works @ RingPower so he has access to every hi-tec machine imaginable including a press. My question is, should I replace the bushings on both sides even though on the driver side they all look/feel and sound healthy?

Also this I could not find using the search. I have to insert my key into the consol to shift out of park. The button on the shifter will not push in unless I use this method...any ideas? Fuse or bad wiring...?

One more question that I found a few vague responses with the search. I hate rough, loud rides...How can I reduce engine noise and get better shock absorption?

Keep in mind I am not a performance enthusiast, yet, work has yet to permit me any time to myself :oops: I just want a nice smooth and dependable drive to where ever I may roam (Metallica :badgrin: )

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by jl4n3 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mocpac

Re: My 2001 Nubira

Post by mocpac »

jl4n3 wrote:Hello all!
My question is, should I replace the bushings on both sides even though on the driver side they all look/feel and sound healthy?

One more question that I found a few vague responses with the search. I hate rough, loud rides...How can I reduce engine noise and get better shock absorption?
*Recommendation, yes, change both, that is the weak point in the nubiras. So change both and had no problems later.

What type of noise do you have in the engine?

About the shock the oem shock are good enough for a good ride. But if you prefer some thing different try K&B Shocks. Your car have oem rims or aftermakrket?
ImageImage
jl4n3

Post by jl4n3 »

No odd noises, but you know...the nubira 2.0 motor is kind of loud...and I have OEM rims...and I have no rim covers lol, I was looking into a set of 18's though...that sticky at the top of this forum was inspiring...does the rim type have something to do with any of my issues?

also any idea about me having to insert my key into the consol to shift out of park. The button on the shifter will not push in unless I use this method...any ideas? Fuse or bad wiring...?
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

The shifting issue is most likely a sensor that allows the button to be pushed once the brakes are applied I don't remember the location of it but I believe it is a quick fix.
jl4n3

Post by jl4n3 »

I finnally got my control arm off and wow...one of my bushings was completely free floating in the control arm...part of the arm is even worn from the metal on metal. I have some pics and will post them. Thank for any help, expecially jidasas...BTW that damn bolt had to be loosened with a torque wrench...i even broke a socket trying to get that last bolt out....it had liquid lock on it, i guess since its bolted directly to the frame.
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

Great I'm glad you got it loose. I want to see those pics.

Jimmy
jl4n3

Post by jl4n3 »

Here are all the images I have taken of my car and its control arm:

Newbira

Post by Newbira »

OUCH!!! That must have handled like a bag of hairy dogs, once had a ford van with lower arm bushes out & every gearshift saw it leaping across lanes into oncoming traffic!
Glad you got it sorted.
alohakid01

Post by alohakid01 »

hey back to the shifting issue. i had the exact same problem (twice to be exact). the sensor is located on the driver's side just above the brake pedal. When you have to use the key (it is for the brake lights) So, when the sensor doesnt work, the brake lights dont. So yeah its kind of a major problem