Hello.

N/A tech, Cold Air Intakes, Spark Plugs/wires, Cat backs, Exhaust...etc

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

AveoSS_8

Hello.

Post by AveoSS_8 »

Hey im new here.
I have an 05 Aveo.
Right now im looking for the easiest way to get my car into the 15's.
That will be ok for a while and then down the road ill probably save up my money to work on a custom turbo set up
but the turbos a ways down the road.
Im figuring 140-150hp to the crank???
Whats the best way to get there?
Full exhaust, intake?? lol i dont know what else is available to do.

Help haha.
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Hmm, you could throw it a U20SED and about 2k in mods from me and have 140 at the wheels possibly.

I've seen U20SEDs for as little as $600 with 1k miles on it, and it wouldn't be a bad idea to upgrade the tranny and I've seen a U20SED w/ D20 w/ only 1.2k miles for $1100.

but if you wanna stick with the 1.6 I'd just start upgading. Sadly things like an intake won't be used in a turbo setup. Also if you did an exhaust now it'd be a bit small but would work for a turbo so you'd be throwing some money away
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
AveoSS_8

Post by AveoSS_8 »

what if i were to take the supercharger route? would i be throwing less money away that way?
and if i were to do the u20sed swap what else would i need to do for tuning and the ecu crap?
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

AveoSS_8 wrote:what if i were to take the supercharger route? would i be throwing less money away that way?
and if i were to do the u20sed swap what else would i need to do for tuning and the ecu crap?
I don't know anything about s/c.

I really don't know much about that either, except that it isn't that hard. I assume you'd just swap over the ecu as well and then you wouldn't need to worry about tuning. Do a search about swaps into the lanos and the various other cars that have the same chassis as the aveo. Sorry I only know half the information
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

How much money do you want to spend?

Jimmy
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

140 at the wheels would be fairly easy with the 1.6L if you went all motor..... http://www.daewootech.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9474
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
AveoSS_8

Post by AveoSS_8 »

money doesnt really matter right now. if i have to save some ill save some obviously 20k is unrealistic but i would say up to 10k is something i can work with.
Rodd1s
Expert

Post by Rodd1s »

supercharging is an easier route than turbocharging - in my opinion.
It requires less engine modifications, etc. (no oil feed lines need welding into the sump, for example)
a small rotrex charger would work really well with the 1.6

to get a supercharger up and running fast, it'll be pretty much a 'bolt-on' option when running low boost (eg: no other modifications needed), then when you've got the fueling, exhaust and manifolds sorted then you can start to go for more boost.

... just a few thoughts
Cargo cultism is a beautiful thing as long as you never fall for it.
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

If you can go up to ten grand then definately look at the site Precision posted. The cheapest kit is ~1600 pounds or 3500 american dollars. It says you'll get between 150 and 160 hp at the crank so I'd say you'd get close to 140 at the wheels that way. After shipping and labor and all I'd figure you'd spend close to $8,000 american. And it would be naturally aspirated so you wouldn't have to custom fab an exhaust manifold like you would for a turbo setup or an intake manifold like you would for a eaton/roots style supercharger. I may be a little high on the cost estimate but I'd rather be high than low. Precision could probably give you a closer estimate of the labor costs involved.

Jimmy