Cabin fever

Car Audio, Controllers, Wiring, Seats, Carpet, Interior painting, and more...

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

YogiWanKenobi

Cabin fever

Post by YogiWanKenobi »

Hi everybody. I've been browsing the forums for a few weeks looking for answers to the problem I'm having but I can't find a clear answer. There are a lot of threads about the cabin air filter causing problems (smell problems, lol ) in Leganzas. I live in south Florida and I nearly gag every time I turn the fan on. I try all the tricks mentioned in other threads, but the bottom line is my filter is nasty. I bought this car about 4 months ago and I bet the previous owner never replaced the cabin air filter. The condenser is probably nasty too.

The dealer down here can get me a replacement filter for around $35. It's really high, but what can you do.... Anyway I want to replace the filter and clean the condenser/exchanger. I pulled the panel under dash on the passenger's side and took a couple of shots:

Underside of dash near center console:

and with more of the center console:

under the dash:

Where is the filter located? Is it in the black box visible from the 3rd pic? Or is it in the center console area?

Also, if any of you have changed this filter I'd like to hear your story. Was it easy or was it a PITA?

Thank you for your help!
SinishaS

Post by SinishaS »

Hell of the job you done :)
You can reach the cabin filter from engine compartment. Lift up the hood and you wil see on the left side, under the windshield, one plastic cover (cca. 5x20 cm). Unscrew 2 bolts and remove the cover. Now pull out the filter.
Here is pic http://www.micronair.us/Daewoo/36
PrecisionBoost
Super Moderator

Post by PrecisionBoost »

I wonder if you could find a "range hood" filter for over top of a stove that would fit.

Just an idea... they are cheap, efficent and come in several dozen sizes.

I don't have a cabin filter so I'm not familiar with them in any way.

Why don't you just leave the filter out if it smells?

Most cars don't have them... I'd have to think it would be fine without one.
2010 BMW 335D
1994 Opel Calibra 4X4 turbo ( C20LET 2.0L Turbo )
2002 Daewoo lanos
Dillon
Expert

Post by Dillon »

I think its in the engine bay... at least thats where it is on my car... Its in the firewall on the passenger side

KDM 2.0 Nubira