De-Badgeing Question???

Body Kits, Rims, Suspension, Wings, Lighting etc and exterior detailing.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

whitetiger2nv
Junior

De-Badgeing Question???

Post by whitetiger2nv »

Hey guys,
im currently on a mission to remove all badges on my car with a guide from 'hot4s' magazine, it involves using a hairdryer to heat the badge, fishing line to remove badge from car n wax n cut back to clean the mark....any hints that anyone can give me?? and the most important question...

do the front and rear daewoo logo badges on a 2000 model hatchback have those holes that need to be plugged after removal??? or are they just attached with glue like the 'lanos' badge???
Daewoo Lanos 2000 HB
17" Gestalt Virouge Rims
205/40/R17 Tyres
4.5" Canon Exhaust
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

If I remember correctly the back and side emblems both have holes under them...I don't know about the hood though.

Jimmy
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

the emblem that says "daewoo" and "lanos" have no holes, the actual emlem does though.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

I was thinking of the actual logo...I completely forgot about the Daewoo and Lanos emblems...Do the SE have holes...I was told they did by someone but I think they might have been wrong and if they were I am thinking of changing mine to say SS instead of SE...lol

Jimmy
Fulofstl

Post by Fulofstl »

if your not sure about which emblems have hole behind them, just heat it up with a hair dryer untill you can remove it a lil and then look. If it has a hole and you want to keep the emblem on, just push it back where it was and let it dry
MMamdouh

Post by MMamdouh »

both logos got holes under them

MMamdouh
Driving is the utmost fun you can have with your pants on!
Check out my ride: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/567267
Flat_Iron

Post by Flat_Iron »

mamdouh is right,i say that after an experience.
Daew0o Racer 95
1.6 ohc 8v,15''rims,tuned it step by step...
whitetiger2nv
Junior

Post by whitetiger2nv »

yeh and i say after my experience...dont follow hot4s magazine instructions....i got the lanos badge off fine with a hairdryer n fishing line...but that adhesive is some strong stuff....i followed what the magazine said to use wax and grease remover...but all it did was leave me with blisters on my fingers n paint being eaten on the car..... so i took my car down to the panel beater n they used compound n buffed back the area...now its all fine again minus the badge...alot of effort n worry for jus debadgeing...screw doing that again...
Daewoo Lanos 2000 HB
17" Gestalt Virouge Rims
205/40/R17 Tyres
4.5" Canon Exhaust
Fulofstl

Post by Fulofstl »

goo-gone works wonders for removing adhesive. I used it when I removed my badges and when I was done, you couldn't tell there were badges there
Spider
Expert

Redundant post...deleted

Post by Spider »

Post deleted by spider...redundant post
Last edited by Spider on Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
Spider
Expert

My paint finish story..... :(

Post by Spider »

My car was offline for almost 2 years.
The gas filler door-catch was broken, so I used a piece of clear packaging tape to keep it closed.
It stayed closed all that time. :D
BUT !..............
My Bad !
BECAUSE.........
Since the 8 or so months that my car has been back on the road? I have spent lots of time working on the section (where the clear tape was, I have used WD40, goo-gone, bug/tar remover and other stuff) and still have about a square inch of it to remove.
My advice ? Don't ever use clear packing tape on your car ! The sun will bake it on. Who knew ? :roll:

BTW ? (a bit off subject but I still have the same gas door...fixed it with a small magnet and some epoxy. These can be fixed you don't need to buy a used 20 dollar (usd) door off e-bay. Sometime I will post a how to w/photo's of it.

:)
~Spider~
2000 1.6 DOHC Lanos 'S'
Silver HB.

"The three great essentials to achieving anything worthwhile are; first, hard work, second, stick-to-it-iveness, and third, common sense."
- -- Thomas Edison
whitetiger2nv
Junior

Post by whitetiger2nv »

but hey, atleast now after all the trouble...i am one badge less...was thinking of removing the other ones n taking to the panel beaters for them to fix it again for $10...but nah ill jus leave it.... i like my paint so id rather keep it shiny...
Daewoo Lanos 2000 HB
17" Gestalt Virouge Rims
205/40/R17 Tyres
4.5" Canon Exhaust