Buying a lanos...whats resonable prices?

General, Humor, Post here everything that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderators: daewoomofo, Moderators Group

kinkyllama
Expert

Buying a lanos...whats resonable prices?

Post by kinkyllama »

When I started looking I had no problem finding them right around 1.5k. Now I only see one under 2.2k.

So what have you guys seen ~2001 lanos with around 100k miles running for?

Danny
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Coil-overs, sway bars, 13" brakes, LSD, 235mm tires, the works
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
-Undergoing 2.0 swap w/ lots of performance bits
http://www.cardomain.com/id/kinkyllama
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

dude...one that needed a new paintjob just sold two weeks ago for 995 here. It only had 75,000 miles on it and ran and had the timing belt done and all. the only problems were cosmetic with the paint...I don't think they ever washed it.

Jimmy
Verbkiller

Post by Verbkiller »

yeah around me one sold for 2k USD with 50k miles on it looked brand new
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

jidasas wrote:dude...one that needed a new paintjob just sold two weeks ago for 995 here. It only had 75,000 miles on it and ran and had the timing belt done and all. the only problems were cosmetic with the paint...I don't think they ever washed it.

Jimmy
wow! where do you live?

I want one with a bad paint job, cuz I'm repainting it either way (just flat black).
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

Best one I've found today is $1550 (after I talked him down a bit) with 97k miles, 2dr hatch, m/t, new timing belt and related parts, and new tires. Also it's a bit of a drive. How's that sound?
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

that sounds pretty good especially if it has minimal problems...i.e. good paint and in good running order.

Jimmy
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

jidasas wrote:that sounds pretty good especially if it has minimal problems...i.e. good paint and in good running order.

Jimmy
Yeah, not exactly what I'm looking for though.

The paint, wheels/tires, and engine will all be replaced either way. The paint will probably be done within a week of getting it, and the wheels/tires will be ordered within a month of getting it. Then the engine within 8 months probably.

Though I still want a good 1.6
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

if you check on ebay and find one cheap you can get them shipped fairly cheap. I was looking at one in Ohio and the cost to ship it to Tennessee was only gonna be 550 US dollars. So if you could find one that had a snapped tb for like 5 or 600 you could have it in your drive way for about a thousand dollars...and I would say you already have the parts to fix the motor?

Jimmy
daewoomofo

Post by daewoomofo »

igor is selling his for $1500, get a plane ticket there for cheap, and drive it back home.

Help keep Daewootech spam free, reply "Killspam" (no spaces) to spam posts

yeah i cant type, so what big freaking deal!
kinkyllama
Expert

Post by kinkyllama »

jidasas wrote:if you check on ebay and find one cheap you can get them shipped fairly cheap. I was looking at one in Ohio and the cost to ship it to Tennessee was only gonna be 550 US dollars. So if you could find one that had a snapped tb for like 5 or 600 you could have it in your drive way for about a thousand dollars...and I would say you already have the parts to fix the motor?

Jimmy
I dont have all the parts, but I could probably have them by the time the car got here. I'll start looking into that after I get a shipping qoute on audacitys lanos.

daewoomofo wrote:igor is selling his for $1500, get a plane ticket there for cheap, and drive it back home.
I thought about that, but I rather pay 1k to ship it because it'd be a few days of driving, which would also mean a few days off work. That'd end up costing me nearly as much plus I'd be bored out of my mind and I've never driven that far. Longest road trip I've been on since I've had a license is like 9hrs, longest I've gone alone is about 7hrs.
www.KinkyMotorsports.com
04' Dropped Foreno
-Turbo in the works
01' Lanos Sport
jidasas
Expert

Post by jidasas »

This is kind of off topic but where do you live in Arizona? is it near scottsdale?

Jimmy